Things you don't need to know… - Page 115 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Things you don't need to know…

Default Things you don't need to know…

May 11th, 2021, 15:35
A thing you don't need to know :

It's a list of all fictional Microsoft companies :

https://social.technet.microsoft.com…-material.aspx
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

May 11th, 2021, 15:51
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Women awarded $32,000 for being excluded from lunch at work.

Link - https://thetakeout.com/pizza-fridays…lar-1846859928
If you read the linked article though, the judge found there was a "campaign of victimization" after she had reported an incident of sexual harassment, which had been upheld. Being excluded from the special lunches was just an aspect of it. The award was mainly for lost earnings, after having been unfairly squeezed out.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman
Last edited by Ripper; May 11th, 2021 at 16:03. Reason: tpyos

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

May 11th, 2021, 16:02
Deleted my post moving on good day.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)

May 11th, 2021, 16:12
Deleted my post moving on good day.
Very good move! If only people like Trump would start to do this with their posts too…

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

May 11th, 2021, 16:15
Don't worry I've done more then that.

Adios everyone time for me to move on from this forum.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

May 11th, 2021, 16:38
Don't worry I've done more then that.

Adios everyone time for me to move on from this forum.
That would be a pity because I like your gaming-related posts very much.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

May 11th, 2021, 16:45
Yeah, the point is just that this story is re-reported by The Takeout, which is a food site, and so focuses on the pizza aspect. But the details reveal that colleagues were also hanging up on her and refusing to take her calls. That's making it impossible for her to do her job. I suspect the pizza lunches were mainly significant because they were organised by management, which is evidence of management complicity and culpability, putting the company on the hook.

I'm just saying I don't think it's the laughable story implied.
--
"I cannot define the real problem, therefore I suspect there's no real problem, but I'm not sure there's no real problem."
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

May 11th, 2021, 17:17
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Yeah, the point is just that this story is re-reported by The Takeout, which is a food site, and so focuses on the pizza aspect. But the details reveal that colleagues were also hanging up on her and refusing to take her calls. That's making it impossible for her to do her job. I suspect the pizza lunches were mainly significant because they were organised by management, which is evidence of management complicity and culpability, putting the company on the hook.

I'm just saying I don't think it's the laughable story implied.
Yeah, having read that article that seems like proper management supported bullying. Will leave it at that, since this isn't the political forum.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 11th, 2021, 17:30
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
Yeah, having read that article that seems like proper management supported bullying. Will leave it at that, since this isn't the political forum.
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about it as a political issue - just that as a legal issue, it actually seems pretty reasonable.
--
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

May 11th, 2021, 18:26
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about it as a political issue - just that as a legal issue, it actually seems pretty reasonable.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you meant to be political, just that what I wanted to write about it would definitely be political.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

May 11th, 2021, 18:41
… And why did everyone ignore my own posting ??? …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

May 11th, 2021, 18:45
A more on topic reply.

I recently watched a Swedish TV show where they looked at the effects of skin care products through semi scientific testing.

A decent self selected sample got to try different skin care products in half their face in a double blind fashion for 8-12 weeks. They tried different types in different experiments. They also had a non TV sent group which was properly randomized.

The objective results from skin measurements were that a few products had a small effect, but almost every time the placebo (a cheap, very fatty skin lotion) had identical or better effects.

They also asked the participants to guess which half of the face of other participants got the treatment. In this case the result was 50-50, ie other people can't tell the difference.

Tl;dr:
When it comes to skin care use a fatty, cheap lotion, use sun screen/avoid the sun and don't smoke. The rest is a waste of money, unless you enjoy the ritual of using expensive products on your skin.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

May 11th, 2021, 18:51
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
€ And why did everyone ignore my own posting ??? €
Because my apparently insensitive post bothered them more.

As for your post if was very informative but every major company uses aliases and shell companies. Most usually are just a phone # and one employee. It's very intriguing.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

May 11th, 2021, 19:03
Originally Posted by SveNitoR View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you meant to be political, just that what I wanted to write about it would definitely be political.
I have to admit that I thought Couchpotatoes post to be meant political, since I smelled the undertone of "see how far political correctness has brought us, that women get compensated for not being invited to a company event".
If he really meant it purely as a joke, I would probably have to apologize for my earlier posts on the topic.
On the other hand I can't imagine how somebody can find the story funny or bizarre without having this connotation in mind.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

May 11th, 2021, 19:07
Which posting?

Reminds me of the story, where somebody visits a psychologist:

Patient: My problem is, that everybody ignores me.
Psychologist: Who is next, please?

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

May 11th, 2021, 19:43
I saw it, but got side tracked by the other posts. It's pretty funny and weird that someone took the time to compile that list.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

May 11th, 2021, 20:47
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
I have to admit that I thought Couchpotatoes post to be meant political, since I smelled the undertone of "see how far political correctness has brought us, that women get compensated for not being invited to a company event".

If he really meant it purely as a joke, I would probably have to apologize for my earlier posts on the topic.

On the other hand I can't imagine how somebody can find the story funny or bizarre without having this connotation in mind.
Well, in a way most things are political. And I also assumed he meant it like that, but I'm not sure. He enjoys semi trolling sometimes, and sometimes jokes, and sometimes it's serious. It's hard to know with him sometimes.

I'm glad you're around @Couchpotato. You're a good dude, even if you sometimes accidentally (?) step in the muck on sensitive subjects.

That reminds me of when I unwittingly annoy my wife, sometimes. When I discover new, interesting facts I'm usually too excited to think about how other people might interpret it as me giving an opinion on the subject, or even find it interesting.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

May 11th, 2021, 21:14
This is possibly the dumbest thing I've seen on Steam yet, but I can't stop laughing…

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1…ta_Male_Cuck/?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)

May 11th, 2021, 21:20
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
This is possibly the dumbest thing I've seen on Steam yet, but I can't stop laughing…

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1…ta_Male_Cuck/?
Lol, what a gem.

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

May 11th, 2021, 21:25
Charging cuckolds $1.99 seems like a missed opportunity.
--
Richard Feynman

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela
Super Moderator

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Things you don't need to know…