Master of Magic Remake - Announced

The original MoM was the first "one more turn" game for me that led to too many "one or two hours of sleep before work" days. XCOM and Fantasy General did the same. Looking forward to seeing how this remake turns out.

I've played Thea, Qvadringa and Sanctus Reach, and what I said holds, IMO for all 3 games and a lot of other games from the publisher which I considered buying like Gladius, Field of Glory 2, and Fantasy General 2. I checked out Comand Modern Operations on the Steam Storm and would say in comparison to the modern Masters of Orion, it looks visually very plain to me. That's not to say its not functional or modern, it just doesn't compare in my eyes to art direction and graphics of an Age of Wonders 3 or Endless Legends. I think in general Slitherine games have a much smaller budgets and development teams.

Poor graphics and, more often than most publishers, good mechanics are their schtick. Whatever the reason might be, this is generally true of Slitherine games. I've played a couple where they tried to break out of that mold, and they weren't as good as some of the old ugly ones. I liked Field of Glory 2 and its overland strategic companion -- Empires, I think it's called -- quite a bit.

OK. The UI looks excellent. The entire game resembles BRIGANDINE The Legend of Runersia. I could finally understand, WTH was said by the old mage in the intro.. :D Can't wait, this looks good!!

Back
Top Bottom