|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

December 3rd, 2018, 23:32
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
But the 10/10 ratings are as ridiculous as the 2/10 ratings are for FO76.

I don't know why people absolutely must exaggerate on this scale - but there it is.
It'd an odd mentality. For many people, there seem to only be two options, a 0 or a 10. Or at least, that's the scale they work off of. Not often do people place something in the middle. A quick look at FO76's user score reflect this (though many of those user reviews are new accounts attempting to bomb the game intentionally, whether it's rational or not).

For this reason, I like to read reviews that don't boil down to a number. I think it incentivizes people to to essentially skim over the review and go straight for the rating. It gives them a reason to discard everything in an article, or at least not pay much attention to it.

I do hope that one of the things they consider when designing Cyberpunk are these archaic design choices, and hope they steer very clear from them.
--
~Watching since 2007~

Ragnaris

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

December 3rd, 2018, 23:35
The hyperbole surrounding RDR2 shouldn't come as a surprise. RDR1 suffered from the same exaggerated hype. A lot of people acted like it was some kind of great revolution in gaming when in reality it's just a GTA clone in a cool setting.

It's good to hear CDPR has set aside extra time dedicated to playtesting. When you look at the release state of some recent games, it's obvious that more companies need to do that.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
+1:

December 3rd, 2018, 23:39
Originally Posted by Ragnaris View Post
I do hope that one of the things they consider when designing Cyberpunk are these archaic design choices, and hope they steer very clear from them.
I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not the biggest fan of CDPR when it comes to game design and mechanics, but I do hold them in higher regard than Rockstar.

I remember Rockstar all the way back from when they were called DMA design and made Amiga games.

They were always about the spectacle and about being "cool" - and that hasn't really changed.

Now, there's no doubt that they were on to something really special with GTA 3 on PS2 - making such an established formula work in a 3D world was really something.

But, ever since then, their "progress" has been about budget and production values - and much less in terms of game design.

I expect Cyberpunk to be better - but I'm not at all convinced it will be a significant step up from Witcher 3, which I consider to be a pretty bland gameplay experience (story/presentation was top notch though!).

But, time will tell.

My point is more about the low-hanging fruit when it comes to marketing. Their recent claim about how making "high quality games" is how to sell is a little too conceited for my tastes.

I think they need an ego check. Sooner would be better than later.

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
+1:

December 17th, 2018, 00:47
Thanks go to @Silver for finding this one.

Gamingbolt interviewed level designer Miles Tost about Cyberpunk 2077
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration say that CD Projekt RED’s Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most highly anticipated upcoming video games. We’ve known about its existence for several years, but it’s re-reveal at E3 2018, followed by a 50 minute long gameplay demo that was shown to the entire world, have led to a resurgence in anticipation for the title. Given the developer’s pedigree with The Witcher, and their ambitions for Cyberpunk 2077 itself, that anticipation looks perfectly reasonable. Recently, we sent across some questions about the upcoming RPG to CD Projekt RED’s level designer Miles Tost. We talked about everything from its demo, to the freedom of choice the game offers in terms of gameplay, to what players can expect from side quests in the title, and much, much more. Read on below.
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

CD Projekt Fanboy

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

December 17th, 2018, 23:06
Lol.

CDPR says: "We want to release our game in a very polished state"

The Butthurt: Nooooooooo!

This game will cause rivers of tears.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup