Pillars of Eternity II - Beast of Winter Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamesN Pillars of Eternity II DLC Beast of Winter has been released.

Update, August 2: Beast of Winter for Pillars of Eternity 2 releases today, so Obsidian has broken down what to expect.

Today marks the launch of the first big expansion for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, with Beast of Winter offering a substantial new adventure for you and your party. To commemorate the launch, Obsidian has provided a new backer update video, with the developers breaking down their favourite parts of the expansion and detailing their development philosophy.

[...]

More information.

Ha beat you by a few hours posting in the forums.:p

Only kidding now I only have two more DLC expansions till I play the game.

Seems a free DLC called Deck of Many Things was released also.
The Deck of Many Things DLC adds a new merchant vessel that sails the high the Deadfire Archipelago. Laden with exotic items from across the far corners of Eora, the Deck of Many Things is open for business, but enterprising buccaneers can try to take the ship’s bounty by force.

Included in this DLC:

• Adds a new NPC ship ‘the Deck of Many Things’ to the world map.
• Purchase a wide array of items, or test your mettle against the ship’s defenders, and seize the treasures maliciously.
Link - https://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_deck_of_many_things

Last edited:
This DLC was a blast from start to finish! Deadfire is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all time!

Obsidian put out a roadmap for the rest of the year.

deadfire-update-53-content-timeline--thumb.png

Like that new info chart so we have two major DLCS and a couple of free ones left. Also the chart says more to come so we might get even more expansions at a later date.

I'm going to hold off on completing this and start over once all content is released in 2019.

That should be a nice long experience.

I'm going to hold off on completing this and start over once all content is released in 2019.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Maybe even wait for a complete edition on sale.

When's the co-op patch? If you go look at BG(2):EE there's always people playing online and always in passworded, private games. The devs saying things like "durrr, we want to focus on the SP experience!" is a load of crap. You didn't hear Black Isle say that once. D&D comes from a multiplayer boardgame so it should have multiplayer so tabletop groups can all enjoy it together.

Of course, POE isn't D&D. D&D is dead. Waste money on 5E just to turn their game into SCL2? No, thanks!

BTW, I did notice that there are a lot of MEGA-BOSSES. How do you feel about this?

Same here !.
installed it already but gonna deinstall and wait some more. it is gonna be a blast.

If you go mid-game you will get wrecked. Wait until level 15 or higher with level scaling.

That dracolich / undead dragon makes me think back to Crimdrac from Curse of the Azure Bonds. :) Death from his breath weapon could come at any time...

There wasn't a single fight in Deadfire that could come near the Adra Dragon encounter from the first game for epic scope; hopefully this is the one that delivers.

I'm definitely liking that roadmap. I was mildly upset when the figstarter didn't reach the sea monsters stretch goal, but it looks like they might appear in the form of megabosses.

Still no sign of fishing, though ;)

Like most of us here, I played through once on release and am now waiting for all three dlcs before my next replay. So next January-ish is fine with me, since I imagine most of my fall will be busy with Pathfinder and Bard's Tale.

What's "Mega-Boss" mean in the above graphic? Like a high level encounter you randomly stumble upon while exploring?

Looks like they're using the DLC to pump up the late game challenge.

What's "Mega-Boss" mean in the above graphic? Like a high level encounter you randomly stumble upon while exploring?

Yes. They probably mean like Concelhaut in PoE.

When I pick this up in it's future full version, I suspect there might be enough content to keep me amused for the better part of a month, or, with some good luck, perhaps two months.

Back
Top Bottom