Witcher 3 - The 10 Worst Features

aries100

SasqWatch
GameReactor has written a very interesting editorial about the 10 worst thing they see in the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. A quote on the Inventory Management:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt offers an almost overwhelming number of items. There are lots of herbs, potions, useless objects, and an endless number of additional items that will end up filling your inventory. The problem comes when you try to decide what to do with all your accumulated trinkets. Should you sell them and become rich, dismantle them in order to get raw materials, or perhaps simply just keep them for nostalgia's sake? The easy option is to walk around like a kleptomaniac collecting every single object on the way, because you never know if you'll need it later.
A quote about the horse:

Roach, the loyal steed Geralt rides through swamps and forests, can be a total pain sometimes. It's obvious that CD Projekt Red have been inspired by Read Dead Redemption and Shadow of the Colossus, two games with excellent mechanics when it comes to horse riding, but we've still found some control issues. The first one happens when you call Roach. If you call her in the middle of a city, she will dodge most obstacles by jumping or walking round them, but she will take a while to work out how get past them and thus to your position. The second and most remarkable problem occurs with all the horses in the game, and it happens when you go into battle.
More information.

I haven't played TW3 yet, they may or may not be right. But judging by the article itself, they have not played many RPGs.

Last edited:
Font size? I personally find it too big on 1600x1050 (PC) and I play with the small UI option.

The Oil yourself up one is bogus, you can go in your inventory as soon as you spot a monster to use one. I've done it often enough, not exactly cool to do it this way, but it works.

Is that article a satire? The Difficulty curve one most be a satire…or someone didn't read the tutorial popup the first time he saw a red skull.

didnt read the article. but the game bored me. only played for 2-3 hours. and haven't returned to it for a week. i think i ll uninstall.
no surprise here. didnt expect much from them

didnt read the article. but the game bored me. only played for 2-3 hours. and haven't returned to it for a week. i think i ll uninstall.
no surprise here. didnt expect much from them

Not expecting much from them but buying it at launch seems contradictory to me.

most of the points are not valid for PC users - that point about oils is really shot in the dark

Font size? I personally find it too big on 1600x1050 (PC) and I play with the small UI option.

But of course, everybody has a different setup. I can't play the game comfortably with the current font size if I'm going through the inventory, reading quest texts or reading the glossary, which is a shame. I'll happily lean forward towards my 36" 1360x768 TV until they manage to create a font mod, though. :)

Fonts seem fine to me both on my 120" 1080p projector and my 3440x1440 21:9 monitor.

I have good eyes though,43 and never need glasses of any kind.

Guess they don't like elder scrolls either (too much useless looting)

Wow you guys are touchy. $60 isn't that much to some people. I often buy games at launch. I don't spend money on sports or cars, so it's my way of letting off steam.

It's a game… some people won't like it as much as you, big deal.

You are contradicting yourself...

Wow you guys are touchy. $60 isn't that much to some people. I often buy games at launch. I don't spend money on sports or cars, so it's my way of letting off steam.

It's a game… some people won't like it as much as you, big deal.

You buy games at launch that you don't expect to be good?

Don't care whether he likes it or not just found his statement contradictory. Sure your not the touchy one?

The horse can be a pain in the ass to control....that is true.

Can I not attack non combatants? I tried riding people down, slashing at them, casting Signs...nada. The scream and squawk and run about, but no damage is done. I wanted to see how long I'd survive in Novigrad with all those guards about ;-) ...Can you turn it off?

Back
Top Bottom