The TV Series discussion thread

Man, I really tried to like Defiance. First season it looked like it had some potential, but the second season was so bad, I had to drop it halfway through.
Third season was better than the 2nd. For that matter, the latter portion of the second season was better than the beginning. Still, I couldn't recommend anyone make a great effort to see any of it.

I've just seen the preview for the new Cumberbatch Sherlock Holmes series - and it appears to actually be set in Victorian times. I've no idea if this is some kind of trickery or just a complete reshaping, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I've just seen the preview for the new Cumberbatch Sherlock Holmes series - and it appears to actually be set in Victorian times. I've no idea if this is some kind of trickery or just a complete reshaping, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

From: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34631799

A special episode
of Sherlock is to be screened in more than 100 UK cinemas at the same time as it is seen on BBC One.

Fans will get to see Sherlock: The Abominable Bride, a one-off episode set in London in 1895, on New Year's Day.

The episode will also be broadcast on PBS in the US on the same day as its UK transmission for the first time.

A trailer shows Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman as Holmes and Watson in foggy Victorian London as they pursue an "impossible case".

London in 1895 is often thought of as being the quintessential setting for Arthur Conan Doyle's original Sherlock Holmes stories.

It is also the year after the fictional detective returned after Conan Doyle apparently killed him off.

Trailer:

Watched 'Supergirl' last night and found it reasonably entertaining, better than most of the crap this fall so far ... we'll see hwo it holds up, I think week #2 will be the crossroads for me.

Still enjoying Quantico but the episodes are getting ssslllllloooooowwww ... felt like the last two could have been compressed into one without losing much.

Watched 'Supergirl' last night and found it reasonably entertaining, better than most of the crap this fall so far … we'll see hwo it holds up, I think week #2 will be the crossroads for me.

Still enjoying Quantico but the episodes are getting ssslllllloooooowwww … felt like the last two could have been compressed into one without losing much.

That's the problem when the seasons are so long. It's a bit better than before, used to be seasons had like 25 episodes, now it's more like 20 in the US (Quantico has 19 in season 1). Still, with so many episodes, it's hard to always be focused on the main story. Now, I don't like UK's 8 episode seasons, but I think 12-15 episodes/season is a good number.

I saw my first Dexter season this week. Season 2.

It's like a post-9pm version of The Mentalist. Really, it's almost exactly the same as The Mentalist but the protagonist is a serial killer instead of a hard-to-understand genius. The background characters, the look of the police station, the light whimsy, even the general dialogue, it was like they shared scripts and just switched the main protagonist.

It was enjoyable to watch, it kept me entertained, I didn't hesitate to put the next disc in, but I'm not sure I'll watch any more series, feels like over-worn territory.

I have continued watching the first season of Dark Matter.

It's still not bad, but I feel some elements are very bad.

For example the twenty year old girl acting like she's 10 and wants to play games, then gets sad when other people don't want to.

Or that they are trying to delve into everyone's backstory., but they all have amnesia. For example one of the characters who has amnesia just went for a walk with his tutor in martial arts and manages to speak to him as if he remembered everything all of a sudden.

This is quite silly.

I'll see what happens but I'm not sure I'll be watching season 2 at the moment.

Ouch!!! As should be evident from my avatar, and my nick, and my favourite coffee cup, I really like the series.

Dr Pibbur Who who in general doesn't follow tv-series.

Do you like the rebooted series, Pibbur?

I can see the merits of the classic series, and many people are great fans of it. But since the reboot, they just seem to have mangled all the classic elements.

OK everyone stop talking about stupid TV series. This thread will now only be used for talking about ASH vs EVIL DEAD!!!!!

_____________________________GROOVY________________________________

OK everyone stop talking about stupid TV series. This thread will now only be used for talking about ASH vs EVIL DEAD!!!!!

_____________________________GROOVY________________________________

Would be great however some of us are not able to watch it yet in their region (bloody ice age decisions that are still present in digital era). See:
http://www.starzplay.com/PlayMedia?id=md:cid:org:bydeluxe.com:d78f710e-5495-4587-94b6-9311b05b926a
If outside of USA, you receive this "greeting":
Sadly, fans of our shows and movies in other countries, other planets and distant galaxies cannot access STARZ Play. You must be in the United States or a US Territory to watch.

In a few weeks when every channel starts airing it… Count me in.

Yes I know I can use some VPN, but that'd be cheatin'.

That is hilarious about the new Star Trek show.....one episode on television, and the rest online? So one episode that people will watch, and the rest that no one will see, lol. Super smart!

That is hilarious about the new Star Trek show…..one episode on television, and the rest online? So one episode that people will watch, and the rest that no one will see, lol. Super smart!

It is just their paid area ... no different really from HBO or Netflix/Amazon and their exclusives ... you can watch it on a variety of set-top boxes, etc.

Watched 'Supergirl' last night and found it reasonably entertaining, better than most of the crap this fall so far … we'll see hwo it holds up, I think week #2 will be the crossroads for me.

Still enjoying Quantico but the episodes are getting ssslllllloooooowwww … felt like the last two could have been compressed into one without losing much.

I agree about Quantico. I'm off to join the FBI though as it seems their all hot and everyone gets to sleep with everyone else.:)

As for ash vs evil dead its all right but nothing special so far.

Back
Top Bottom