The Mystery Scene Game

No guesses, better give some clues.
It stars Anthony La Paglia
Geoffrey Rush is in it
So is Barbara Hershey

Well, that'd be Lantana I suppose.

This one is pretty easy, but it's such a favourite of mine.

Scene #58

Omega Man is right.

Believe me - 99.99% of all movie watchers know movie #59 :)

Urcks.. what's this, Moby Dick...?

Mutiny on the Bounty?

The Omega Man is being remade in its original book title: I Am Legend starring Will Smith. Its considered one of the greatest Sci-Fi books ever written.

The empty streets in Downtown Los Angeles in The Omega Man were real; they weren't done on a movie lot. Apparently, the city was dead in the wee hours. Many, many movies and other media (eg Fallout) have stolen the idea of a Post Apoc cult based on this story.

Trivia: Matthias was chosen as the 12th Apostle after Judas hung himself. This is also the name of the zombie cult leader in Omega Man. Some people have thought of the Mathias in history as a false prophet and Paul the real 12th Apostle. However, Paul separately names the 12 as a group not including himself. So the allusion here is the Mathias of the movie is a false prophet.

The Omega Man is being remade in its original book title: I Am Legend starring Will Smith. Its considered one of the greatest Sci-Fi books ever written.

I Am Legend was originally filmed as The Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price in 1964.
As for the Will Smith remake, I'm sure it'll be exactly what one expects from a Will Smith movie. Lots of action and witty one-liners. I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be a great science fiction movie and a strong adaptation of the novel, but I seriously doubt it will be.

I Am Legend was originally filmed as The Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price in 1964.
As for the Will Smith remake, I'm sure it'll be exactly what one expects from a Will Smith movie. Lots of action and witty one-liners. I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be a great science fiction movie and a strong adaptation of the novel, but I seriously doubt it will be.

I had forgotten that. I actually have a copy of the VP movie that a co-worker gave me that she bought in Target's $2 bin.

I agree about the Will Smith movie unfortunately. The Chuck Heston movie was a work of art.

I've talked a gal at work into getting a Netflix account so she can get Omega Man. She can't find the movie at Blockbuster of course. She told me one day it was one of her all time favourite books. I explained to her that the movie 28 Days Later that she described sounded like yet another clone of it because she hadn't made the connection. Another one is Night of the Comet.

Night Of The Comet was great, or at least, that's how I remember it being, it has been decades since I saw that one.

Omega Man though was genius, had the best opening sequence in a movie ever!

I have to disagree. but I'll save that image for my next turn.

Back
Top Bottom