Drakensang: TDE - English version of The Eye of the Goddess released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Cool - so the site at the link is nearly all in German ... am I assuming the link contains multiple languages?

so 11 minutes/quest?

Cool - so the site at the link is nearly all in German … am I assuming the link contains multiple languages?

Yes, the link contains the English and the German version.

More infos are available here.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, is this a mod for the original Drakensang or the sequel The River of Time?

Having got bogged down in the swampy bit (pardon the pun) of the original a number of years ago, I never finished it (despite enjoying it until that section). The instructions for the mod suggest that I need to be on the final boss.

So, I'm wondering, should I go back to the game and try and pick it up and continue on, or (as I'd planned) should I just play River of Time.

Just to be clear, is this a mod for the original Drakensang or the sequel The River of Time?

Its for the original Drakensang.

The instructions for the mod suggest that I need to be on the final boss.

You probably need higher level heroes. But is it really needed to complete first Drakensang? Because afaik story of the mod is completely unrelated to the game.
I dont know if there are some events or side storylines that ties to some events from first Drakensang.

The Mod tells a new story after the events of the original game. So you have to complete Drakensang first. To install the mod you also need a savegame on Drakensang Mountain.

To run Drakensang on Win 8 you have to use the window-mode. Either you start the drakensang.exe with the parameter -windowed or you press Alt+Enter.

Hi, Lord Demon :)

To install the mod you also need a savegame on Drakensang Mountain.

Do you import something (items, skills?) from that savegame so each player can continue with his setup and equipment?

Yes, we do. You continue the game with all of your equipment and all you skills. After the final battle against Malgorra you return to the throne room in Murolosh, get a reward by Arombolosh and after that you travel back to your residence in Ferdok where the new adventure begins.

Too bad I can't get the original Drakensang media load to run on Windows 8. *sigh*

Too bad I can't get myself to play the original. It was uggh. Bad. Terrible combat system. Add too much filler encounters, slow, lots of walking around and wasting time.

Did the mod improve on any of that? (at least encounter design, less time wasting?)

I COULD get the save game from my sister who somehow managed to finish it (some kind of sick masochism), that's why I'm asking.

We included some fast-travel spots so there is less walking around. There are less random encounters as well. The combat system is still the same. Even if we were able to change it we wouldn't do that because we like it.

What about it do you like? Granted, I haven't spend much time on the original, but I'm sure I didn't miss the turn-based part that would turn it into a proper DSA-game, now did I?

Still, kudos for the fast-travel and less random encounters (less filler combat?/more interesting encounters?). BTW, my question was honest, perhaps I REALLY missed something.

Good thing I have 30 hours of time off coming to me at work. It's either that, or, y'know... take the holidays off.

What about it do you like?

The combat system is almost like it is in the P & P version of TDE. That's why I like it.

Still, kudos for the fast-travel and less random encounters (less filler combat?/more interesting encounters?). BTW, my question was honest, perhaps I REALLY missed something.

As I have already written there are less random encounters and so there is less filler combat as well. There are some new encounters that are not related to the main quest. Each of these encounters tells a little story and I hope that they really are interesting. But I'm one of the creators of this mod, what else should I say?

Looks like i need to reinstall my Drakensang copy. Again.

I still consider the two Drakensang games as the best modern age games in the Dark Eye universe.

What about it do you like?

I think that he likes tactical combat that looks like combat in Baldurs Gate, but with TDE ruleset and skills.
What do you dislike so much about it? Are you "TB-only" player?

Lord Demon said:
Yes, we do. You continue the game with all of your equipment and all you skills.

Do you keep also that Dragon Armor? As far as I remember it was very powerfull.. maybe a little OP.

Back
Top Bottom