Funcom - At least Three Dune Games

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech reports that Funcom will work on at least three Dune games.

Funcom has entered into an exclusive partnership with Legendary Studios to develop games based on the works of Frank Herbert's DUNE, one of the world's best known science fiction universes with multiple adaptations into movies, games and other media.

This is a six year partnership to release at least three titles on the PC/Console platforms, with one of the games planned to be in the "Open World Multiplayer" genre that will enter into pre-production in Funcom's Oslo studio during 2019.

[...]
More information.

Rubbish I say only Westwood could create good Dune games. Seriously though hope it's not a server side MMO game with no story like Conan. Maybe a new RTS or RPG.:fingerscrossed:
This is a six year partnership to release at least three titles on the PC/Console platforms, with one of the games planned to be in the "Open World Multiplayer" genre that will enter into pre-production in Funcom's Oslo studio during 2019.
Enthusiasm killed off already had a feeling one of these games would be.:(

Funcom?
Don't tell me, they're making yet another mmo.
Buhbye.

Maybe Legendary Studios will do a 'My Little Pony in Dune'...... aaaaAAAwww! Can't wait.

I don't understand their dogged insistence on making MMOs despite their clear financial failures with them. The Secret World would have made such a fantastic single player RPG setting...

Another useless MMO. This company has become a disaster. After the destroy of the longest journey they went down to hell...

I was kind of waiting for some dev studio to exploit the publicity of the new Dune movie... now I really hope one of those games will not suck.

I can tell you what kind of games they're planning.

1. Mmo (which will be a failure for sure).
2. Action game (console exclusive).
3. Mobile game. (who even cares about phonegames?)

Are you trying to kill Joxer?

Sounds about right and hey don't we all have phones?:biggrin:

I don't understand their dogged insistence on making MMOs despite their clear financial failures with them. The Secret World would have made such a fantastic single player RPG setting…

Funcom is a "MMO" company, they worked on more MMOs and multiplayer games in the last 20 years than any other type of games. The Secret World is the only thing that kept them alive from 2012 to 2018.

Conan Exiles was a huge financial success (technically not a MMO, but people these days can't see the differences), that's probably what they are interested in doing with the Dune IP anyway.

Also someone brought up Petroglyph Games who is currently remastering the command & conquer games, and is also working on a new Conan rts game for Funcom.

All I can say about that is meh as the Conan RTS game is just a They are Billions clone. The developer might be a good choice for a future Dune rts game though.

Anyway my personal opinion is Funcom was not a good choice for the Dune IP.

Last edited:
I was kind of waiting for some dev studio to exploit the publicity of the new Dune movie… now I really hope one of those games will not suck.

So there is going to be a new dune movie in the pipe.

Going to be a fest for all SJW lovers.

In the meantime, the cast is not expected to include many actors from the mediterranean area. Wont be many Persian or arabic actors either.

Got to listen to customers, go woke, go broke etc...

Back
Top Bottom