Bloodborne

This might be the game for which I finally purchase a PS4.
Seriously? You'll buy a console because of one game?
Is that one game really worth the price of that console?
IMO it's like buying a private airplane just to fly once in your lifetime. Sure, some people are rich enough to do it. I'm not.
Streamers go where the money is
Streamers go where people watch games if those were movies instead of playing the game themselves. I will never understand the phenomenon. Then again, I guess some games, that aren't esports, are just not fun to play.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy a console for one game, but I tend to buy one later in their life, when they're cheaper and have a number of games I can't play anywhere else. Red Dead Redemption, Uncharted 2, Last of Us and Journey are among my favourite games. The PS4 is in no immediate danger of being purchased.

Seriously? You'll buy a console because of one game?
Is that one game really worth the price of that console?
IMO it's like buying a private airplane just to fly once in your lifetime. Sure, some people are rich enough to do it. I'm not.

I bought my PS4 just to replay The Last of Us on it, after I've already played it on my PS3. Worth every penny imo. And game library will only get better. I just received my Bloodborne copy today. But I'll have to wait until next week to actually get into it.

I'm honestly not rich enough to buy something that expensive I won't use.
Just sayin'.

I bought a PS 3 simply to play Red Dead Redemption. Had it ever been released for the PC, I would never have bought that console. In the four years that I've owned it now, I've bought a grand total of two other games.....and roughly maybe eighty dvd movies/tv shows. Because that's all it is now to me, a dvd player.

Well Joxer, if you are not going to use it then that would be silly. People here are going to use it though, to play Bloodborne(and other games too I'm sure)

I bought a PS3 for Demon's Souls, primarily. Turned out to be a bit of a waste, but I'm ok with it. It was a nice bluray player until my PS4 arrived :)

I bought myps4 for sports games. I've also bought the last of us and blooborne.

I bought a PS3 when it was release and minus the sports titles I only bought 2 games. Demon souls and dragons dogma.

They are mainly blue ray and media players for me.

Played for a couple of hours now. It's very similar to dark souls. The only differences i've notices so far is that there are guns instead of shields, it's more about an affliction instead of a curse (beasts instead of undead) and it's abit faster paced.

Killed two bosses now. The story is very thin so far but thats to be expected.

If you like dark souls you will probably like this. If you don't then you probably won't like this either.

Played for a couple of hours now. It's very similar to dark souls. The only differences i've notices so far is that there are guns instead of shields, it's more about an affliction instead of a curse (beasts instead of undead) and it's abit faster paced.

Killed two bosses now. The story is very thin so far but thats to be expected.

If you like dark souls you will probably like this. If you don't then you probably won't like this either.

Thanks for your thoughts, which confirms that I shouldn't be buying this.

But I'm happy for fans of the Souls games. They seem to love this formula so much that a new setting must be a really great way to experience it again.

Have fun!

This game destroyed Pillars of Eternity on Twitch, it made up to LoL ratings (into the 100k) Streamers who started to show PoE, for many of them, turn to Bloodborne.

probably those that left never played something like bg or nwn :lol:

I bought my PS4 just to replay The Last of Us on it, after I've already played it on my PS3. Worth every penny imo. And game library will only get better. I just received my Bloodborne copy today. But I'll have to wait until next week to actually get into it.

The Last of Us Remastered is another reason I want to get a PS4, so I guess it wouldn't just be for Bloodborne.

The decision to purchase a PS3 back then was a lot easier. I got one of the original models that's fully backwards compatible with both PS1 and PS2 games, so I was basically getting 3 consoles in 1.

I prefer PC over console and there's no way I'd buy either console for just a few exclusives. I find the whole exclusive thing to be childishly petty to begin with.

So, zero interest in this game. I was wondering why I'd never heard of it until recently til I found it as a console game at metacritic.

Streamers go where people watch games if those were movies
Established streamers have an established viewer base, their viewers will watch any game the streamers choose to cast.
Streamers need material to get their show going and power the engine of tipping.
The streamer's job is to incitate people to tip. Not every game favours the approach.
Some are easier to work with.
instead of playing the game themselves. I will never understand the phenomenon. Then again, I guess some games, that aren't esports, are just not fun to play.
Many viewers play games while they watch a stream, they might play a different game or the same game as the streamer, comparing their progress to the streamer etc
A new way of playing games is being born.
It will come with consequences.

Do you seriously expect me to (try to) understand the reason behind people who watch others playing a noncompetitive game?
I don't understand it nor can. Unless the watcher had both hands amputated so can't play the game themself.
It can be though some modern ebolalike uncurable illness that attacks the brain, but seems I'm imune.

Just add this to the list with Dragon's Dogma of console games that desperately need a PC port but will probably never happen.

Just add this to the list with Dragon's Dogma of console games that desperately need a PC port but will probably never happen.

PCs are getting the "MMO" instead.

I just tried it for 20 minutes and I was surprised of how bad it looked. It's clearly very aliased and seemingly running at a lower resolution. It looks like a PS3 game.

Honestly it looks rushed, the hub seems pretty lifeless and the seller doesn't even talk. I rad that the content after the first 25% of the game is far more inconsistent.

It's sad that they're doing so many sequels because they're turning something that was eerie, meticulous and unique into something mass produced like Call of Duty. I remember how they said they refused to do any DLC for Demon's Souls in order not to give a subpar experience. That sure changed pretty fast.

I think it's all downhill from Demon's Souls and it's only going to get worse. The Twitch and YouTube LPers are ruining this franchise.

Demon's Souls was still in the "King's Field" From that made games for a select crowd of hardcore gamers who looked for something special. With Dark Souls and especially Dark Souls 2 it was made directly for the dumb PvP kids to upload their "awesome" invasions on YouTube. It's the lowest common denominator at work.

To be fair bloodbourne is not a sequel. Also DS1 DLC was the best DLC I've played bar none.

I'm surprised people think they're making to many games like these, to date there's 5.

If that's to many then turn based and RTWP games must be really stale.

I never played demon souls because it didn't come to pc. If bloodborne goes ok with a controller I may go back and try demon souls.

Back
Top Bottom