Wasteland 3 - Review Roundup

...the very reason Steam was invented.

5pm PDT means past midnight here...so tomorrow it is then.

Let's hope the steam reviews reflects those "professional" reviewers. It could just be microsoft powerful advertising .

Let's hope the steam reviews reflects those "professional" reviewers. It could just be microsoft powerful advertising .

Oh come on.

Stuff like outerworld is getting 82% too, most reviews were 90% and a few honest ones later at 60%.

Some more news.:)

Shacknews Wasteland 3 Video Review

Wasteland 3 Time Capsule Challenge - inxile
Many years ago, in a time long-forgotten, when we still worked from places called "offices", we devised a scheme. A scheme to hold a contest within the grand state of Colorado that would send our fans forth into its wilds to dig up random locations to find a time capsule. Within that time capsule we would somehow fit collectible items like a signed piece of Wasteland art, and a signed Wasteland 3 Collector’s Edition.

However, when putting this scheme into action a few realizations set in. 1. Law enforcement and state laws don’t mesh well with the whole “go dig up people’s property” idea, 2. This wasn’t a very globally-friendly idea (or even other-states-in-the-U.S. idea), 3. The winner being only the first person to find it felt pretty limited, 4. We now find ourselves in a situation where sending people to physical locations for prizes may be putting them at undue risk, and 5. That's going to be a real big time capsule.

So, what’s a plucky gang of game developers to do? Brainstorm! So after putting our best brain cells to work we fixed it up to what we think is actually a much better and cooler idea. We’ve brought the time capsule hunt in-game!

Stuff like outerworld is getting 82% too, most reviews were 90% and a few honest ones later at 60%.

Outerworlds was not a 60% game, like not at all....it was around 80 I think that was pretty fair.

Reviews did not make me buy the game. They never do.

I was already a Fig backer and wanted it on Day 1.
Oh come on.
I know right? :biggrin:

Cyberpunk 2077 is next.:D

I don't even play party-based games anymore and I may pick this up, probably not for a patch or two though. Game Pass might be an option too.

Wasteland 3 Gamescom 2020 Trailer

I think I will buy Wasteland 3 on another platform, although I got GamePass to play Flight Simulator on my PC. But I didn't manage to play a single minute of it, because it just crashes to desktop for no apparent reason.

That sucks. At first I thought I might be able to help. I was guessing you were going to say you had problems with the launcher, which lots of folks apparently have, but I haven't had any crashes.

When you can, I think you'll find the sim is beautiful, literally and figuratively. It's gorgeous, despite its reliance on satellite imagery leading to a few incorrect assumptions about what the software is supposed to be looking at in its reimagined world. With some real effort, I imagine that could be sorted out pretty well. But it's not even very noticeable, unless you're going out of your way to fly low and look at the ground, which you'll likely be tempted to do, because it does look good. And the nuts and bolts are all there. You can fly from anywhere to anywhere, all based on GPS info. Copy whatever location from Google Maps, even your house, and paste it in the game. It all works well. It could use missions, but I imagine they will add those in an expansion, as they did with the old MSFS.

Sorry for the mini-review, but the sim has tons of potential, and I'm looking forward to watching it evolve. Hope to see you up there soon.

Totally blown away by the scores. I actually shed a few tears of joy seeing them roll in this morning. I had hoped for good things but didn't expect such an overwhelmingly positive response. :bigcry:
Are you somehow involved in the game or just a passionate gamer? :)

Are you somehow involved in the game or just a passionate gamer? :)

He's the resident inXile rep. (Although I'm enough of a fanboy I *might* have gotten some moisture in my eyes as well...)

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-outer-worlds Have a look a majority of 80-90
from big guys and a few 60 . Then user score only at 7.4 /10 which seems fairly accurate.

In my books it was in the mid 80's range....so the initial ones were good. Now, if you are waiting for people to put out reviews that go with your opinion then....well what can I tell you.....

Think about the games that get 60 and 70 and you honestly tell me why that game would have got that.

OK, I cracked, and this years "don't buy anything on release day, wait until some real people have remarked on game" resolution is now in the dust.

Back
Top Bottom