Pricewatch!

KB:Armoured Princess there for $27…tempting..tempting…

The DD sites have both games combined for not much more than that ... worth looking at if you don't already have the first one.

I decided to take advantage of that GoGamer holiday sale. I just bought X3: Terran Conflict 2.0 for $14.90, and HoMM V Collectors Edition for $9.90.
D'oh! Gamestop has them for $9.99 + tax. I picked mine up Sunday :p ;) (Almost bought it from gogamer, but decided to check around first. Also alot of the stuff on gog is cheaper elsewhere when there are sales(and even whenthere ar enot)… their prices tend to be on the high side sometimes, unless you consider the removal of copy protection on most of the games to be worth the extra $.)

[EDIT]
Funny thing about X3 though is that gamestop also has X3 Gold (X3 Reunion + X3 Terran Conflict) for $29.99… kind of a ripoff compared to X3TC 2.0 for $9.99… (have X3R already anyways)
[/EDIT]

A Frewell to Dragons is $14.99 @ Steam, along with a bunch of other stuff as I'm sure has already been mentioned plus they're having daily 24h deals, but I've not seen anything spectacular yet.

Direct2Drive was/is having a new item daily, but I think that it ends today.

Gamersgate had some games off but nothing spectacular plus they had the 1C Advent calendar special, but again, mostly nothing worthwhile.

Also NOTE check ALL of the digital download purveyors, gogamers, amazon, local stores etc. as many times you can find things cheaper, e.g. X3TC

[EDIT2]
That's funny. My copy of TWEE came with a printed bound manual, along with a soundtrack CD, music "inspired" by TW CD, and other stuff. Box was positively stuffed since it was one of those double/triple thick DVD sized cases that crappy publishers now shove out, but I guess that Europeans have suffered with those for nogh on forever…

X3TC 2.0 also comes with a nice bound manual, like NWN2 games did. i.e. no el cheapo stapled junk or spiral bound, poor choice of colors though make it somewhat difficult to read plus as usual it contains much of the same info found in the manuals of the earlier X games although it IS nice to have a printed copy. Too bad they didn't toss in a printed control ref card…
[/EDIT2]

[EDIT3]
King's Bounty Armored Princess is $9.99 for c. the next 23h and change minutes.

Red Faction Guerilla is also $9.99 (for 23h and change) and sounds pretty good.

Looks like A Farewell to Dragons will have to wait until it hits $10 or so, of course I hope that Planet Alcatraz also hits that price range as I'm now thinking that I might like to try both unfortunately PA only seems to be available via gamersgate where it's $30 and likely overpriced at that or at least compared to say Drakensang @ $30.
[/EDIT3]

Last edited:
X3TC 2.0 also comes with a nice bound manual, like NWN2 games did. i.e. no el cheapo stapled junk or spiral bound, poor choice of colors though make it somewhat difficult to read plus as usual it contains much of the same info found in the manuals of the earlier X games although it IS nice to have a printed copy. Too bad they didn't toss in a printed control ref card

That's exactly why I wanted a copy of X3TC 2.0 instead of X3 Gold. When I looked at them in the store, I could tell by the weight of the box that X3 Gold didn't include a full manual. The 'gold' versions of games rarely do.

Huge PC game sale for NA gamers at GoGamer.com now…..

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Gold Edition - $4.90
Rise of the Argonauts - $3.90
Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold - $24.90
Two Worlds - $2.90 !!
Icewind Dale Compilation - $22.90
Dragon Age - $34.90

And a lot more….

They also have quite a few console titles on sale as well.

http://www.gogamer.com/After-XMas-Sale_stcVVcatId551271VVviewcat.htm

Heh, I swore I would buy the boxed copy of Armored Princess but Steam had it for $9.99 and I just couldn't pass that up :D

As CelesteGB noted Steam has King's Bounty Armored Princess for $9,99!

Got it. My first Steam Account (the guys at the university couldn't believe I didn't have one already).

No surprise there, the Euro version of any crpg always seems to include more than the NA version. :-/

I always thought it was vice versa ? (BG manual, for example, or the never-released "Diamond Version" of NWN1).

Yeah, that's why I bought NWN1 and all the expansions separately, just to get the nice manuals. Could've saved a lot in the bundles, but crummy manual = not a happy camper...

I got the collectors ed too. CompUSA had it on sale for $20. Included a big module, music CD, some dice and a novel. good value...hey, there's a game in here.

Yeah, that's why I bought NWN1 and all the expansions separately, just to get the nice manuals. Could've saved a lot in the bundles, but crummy manual = not a happy camper…
I could've sworn that my copy of NWN Diamond that I bought years ago came with a nice bound manual like NWN2 did… I made a feeble attempt at tracking it down the other week but gave up before unearthing it… I really need to start putting my manuals back in their game boxes…

Just to not entirely derail this thread Torchlight is $4.99 until 12 EST tomorrow...

My husband had bought the Collector's Edition of PoR2 for me for our anniversary and I felt obligated to play it. I almost finished too…then Morrowind arrived :D

I finally got PoR2 this year off Ebay, paid $7 for a brand new boxed copy. It'll probably just be another game I never get around to finishing.

I could've sworn that my copy of NWN Diamond that I bought years ago came with a nice bound manual like NWN2 did… I made a feeble attempt at tracking it down the other week but gave up before unearthing it… I really need to start putting my manuals back in their game boxes…

Just to not entirely derail this thread Torchlight is $4.99 until 12 EST tomorrow…

Ahhhh! It's 10 bucks now. The $5 sale must have ended early. :(

good lord of the tigers…. Majesty2 just hit 7.50 on D2D.

This is like watching stocks or something

BTW - "Gun" is a really cool western third-person shooter, it just hit 9.99 on d2d as well, really fun game worth the price imo

Back
Top Bottom