Mass Effect: Andromeda - Comparison with The Witcher 3

Just your believing, I don't know for FO4 but for DAI it's pretty obvious it does some stuff better than MEA even if overall MEA is more coherent. And no way a game as The Witcher 3 no matter how good is TW3 can be a substitute to a smart (non completionist) play of DAI. It's simple there's no equivalent to DAI, Elder Scroll and FO has their own styles very different. And there's a lot of fun to get from a DAI play. It can't vanish in history like Oblivion I hate never vanished from history.

Repeating stuff over and over again doesn't make it any truer. It just makes you sound like a fanboy with his fingers in his ears going DA:I, DA:I, DA:I...

Haven't bothered with the article - as I consider such things clickbait.

But I assume he acknowledges that combat, progression, loot and crafting is superior in ME:A - at least very arguably so? If not, it's pretty useless.

Consumer friendly isn't the game, it's just explaining the hypes. I read but didn't bother counter check that TW3 budget was 70M+ eventually DAI budget didn't get that high.

Let's not forget, bigger the budget doesn't mean better the game - because this would mean every AAA titles out there are better than any indie titles :p

Let's not forget, bigger the budget doesn't mean better the game - because this would mean every AAA titles out there are better than any indie titles :p
Absolutely true.
GTA5 had a budget of all AAA titles released in one year combined - the result is a pathetic racing game with horrible controls in some cases and with a somewhat decent story.
I've seen a number of indie games less boring and more fun than it. Still unsure why is that game still selling like a cure.

Last edited:
Let's not forget, bigger the budget doesn't mean better the game

Exactly blobby. More often it's actually the other way around.

modest working conditions + passionate gamers = gem

cozy studio + billions + workers not fans = generic overhyped mediocrity

Big publishers sucks ass. Last 10 games I bought were largely indies.

Haven't bothered with the article - as I consider such things clickbait.

But I assume he acknowledges that combat, progression, loot and crafting is superior in ME:A - at least very arguably so? If not, it's pretty useless.

If you didn't bother to read the article when why bother to post in a thread where said article is the main topic?

If you didn't bother to read the article when why bother to post in a thread where said article is the main topic?

Because the topic in itself is of interest to me, obviously.

Strange that you should be the one asking. I mean, all you do is provoke people without ever engaging in anything at all.

You should be an expert at this sort of thing.

We compare this to EA's big releases and (such as DA:I) and support was anemic (comparatively) esp on the PC; major story elements were added as DLC extra to milk the customers. Quite frankly not only was witcher 3 a very well done game (but not flawless by any means) it was also consumer friendly.

anemic? DA:I last patch was almost a year after the game released, it got one patch per month on average. Lots of the fixes and improvements were PC only (keybinding walking, unsheating/sheating weapons for some example). It also added free features/content via patches like the wardrobe, new items, the Golden Nug and the Black Emporium.

The 3 story DLCs for DA:I aren't there to milk the customers anymore than TW3 story DLCs were either. Just like Legacy and Arrival were not needed for understanding DAI and ME3, Trespasser won't be needed for DA4. There is nothing in it that you shouldn't already know by the end of DAI post-credit scene.

Repeating stuff over and over again doesn't make it any truer. It just makes you sound like a fanboy with his fingers in his ears going DA:I, DA:I, DA:I…
As if THIS post is nothing else than empty pointless words.

The fanboys argument is used by kids not by adults with true arguments.

But only true arguments deserve true arguments in return...

scratching the bottom of the barrel there DArt?

thought so

Interesting article, though obvious clickbaiting. ( Witcher is a realsore spot currently for AAA rpg fans...just check out BSN forums)
Didn't yet finish MEA, but TW3 ( not to mention it's "sequel" B&W) is without question, much more consistent, quality package.
Storyline, characters, dialogue, sidequests, art direction, ambiance, world design/exploration, lore, worldbuilding, cutscenes/cinematic storytelling, VA/OST/sound design, activities, C&C...Witcher
Combat: B&W( they improved a ton here)>MEA ( kind of like Dogma as TPS...weak core mechanics, but "flashy" and very flexible)>W3 ( lack of difficulty at second half and balancing are it's biggest issues)
Progression, Andromeda would be great and clearly better if not for one thing: profile switching...cooldowns restrict you to three abilities( given the pace of combat it makes anything more than having three abilites, pointless at most times).
Crafting has a lot more kick to it in MEA, but UI and tiered systems is a major pain in the ass...still this could be patched and it's better if you're willing to put up with a lot of busywork.
Interesting thing is how MEA sufffers from where CDPR was Bioware's protege at beginning...worldbuilding and cinematic storytelling( just compare the quality of VA/camera direction/dialogue between ME I and Witcher I).
They really should have brought in more people from Edmonton on this ( but Inquisition was also a bit lackluster on this...Casey Hudson?), but If I remember right, relations between two studios aren't exactly the best.

I think people need a new metric. Games like The Witcher 3 should be classed as a AAAA game.

As DA:I went into the calculations in this discussion…
And the title is comparison…

DA:I spawned things like this:

TW3 spawned things like this:

ME4?
Material too anemic to make any interesting cover.

That was pretty surprising. Most of the time there was no music in background, but then it kicks heavily in a lot of scenes, without "syncing" well with cinematics.

Just look at this scene at the end of ME I: https://youtu.be/h7AB2c-LAI8?t=85

In MEA, it was too "loud" and distracting in comparison...also kind of has generic Star Wars vibe to it.

https://youtu.be/n6cWS2un90w?t=91

I'm not sure what were they thinking with that music in ME4. It's like noone cared how does it sound nor is it there at all. Check this scene billions of amateur fastrun streamers missed to even trigger, it asks for some loud music yet almost nothing is in there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDze4Y9tNjs

PCG uses Keira character for comparing while completely missing that Keira can end on your side, get killed by others or by you based on your choices - totally opposite of ME4 characters, whatever you do to anyone it'll all end up peachy. For example you anger Drack with who to save choice leaving krogan scouts behind, soon after he's sleeping on your "best friends for life" shoulder at movie night like nothing happened.
Meh. Whoever wrote that shallow article if applied for a job at Bioware would instantly get it. I suggest them to apply for Gaider replacement.

Last edited:
The 3 story DLCs for DA:I aren't there to milk the customers anymore than TW3 story DLCs were either. Just like Legacy and Arrival were not needed for understanding DAI and ME3, Trespasser won't be needed for DA4. There is nothing in it that you shouldn't already know by the end of DAI post-credit scene.

Ok, I dont know anything about DA:I DLCs other than Trespasser but... Arrival was definitely necessary for ME3. I didnt play Arrival which gave me all sorts of confusion starting ME3. Similarly, I feel that Trespasser is necessary for DA4. I mean, Solas is tied to main story (and most likely to be a main villain in DA4) and you miss out on chunk of story/history about him if you skip Trespasser.

Compared to that, neither Hearts of stone nor Blood and wine story is tied to main TW3 plot - you dont lose anything progressing main game/sequel etc even if you skip DLCs.

Conclusion: Bioware DLCs are for milking while TW3 DLCs are not.

Back
Top Bottom