What games are you playing now?

I think my run at Pathfinder: Kingmaker is cursed. :) Every time I go to do it something comes up and drags me away. I thought I had a chunk of time off work at Christmas to play it, but sadly an elderly relative fell sick so I've spent the time caring for someone with dementia, with my computer alas 200 miles away. In the meantime my Aldori Defender is going to have to stay at Oleg's place in chapter 1. Oh well! I'll get back to it in 2020.

I think my run at Pathfinder: Kingmaker is cursed. :) Every time I go to do it something comes up and drags me away. I thought I had a chunk of time off work at Christmas to play it, but sadly an elderly relative fell sick so I've spent the time caring for someone with dementia, with my computer alas 200 miles away. In the meantime my Aldori Defender is going to have to stay at Oleg's place in chapter 1. Oh well! I'll get back to it in 2020.

I'm just going to respond with sad faces:

:'(:'(:'(

I'm just going to respond with sad faces:

:'(:'(:'(

Thanks - yeah it's pretty sad. I keep trying to remind myself of the times when they were both healthier and happier.

I'm enjoying Kingmaker though, definitely looking forward to getting back to it at some point. I'd just given my Aldori Defender a rogue level to get access to sneak attack, and I was debating whether or not to aim for the Aldori Swordmaster prestige class. Current thinking is "yes", but we'll see! The character creation and development options are really great, I might need to roll a full party at some point for that dungeon crawler DLC. It's very satisfying playing with the options as you level up.

I found myself also enjoying the exploration and camping mechanics, where you give party members specific roles etc. I haven't gotten far yet though.

@Pongo; Hope everything work out well for you and your family. Glad to hear you've been enjoying Kingmaker so far though :)

I just bought a PS4 for myself for Sol Invictus. As such, I've been alternating between Resident Evil 2 Remake (and dying in hilariously idiotic ways), GTA V (and dying in hilariously idiotic ways), Sonic Mania Plus, Mega Man 11, The Last of Us Remaster, and Skyrim (and dying in boringly idiotic ways). In my newly established PS4 backlog, I also have RE0, RE1, RE6, RE7 (I love Resident Evil games, even if I always die and have managed to only finish the original RE2), FFXV, Arcania, and some other JRPG I can't recall that the cover looked interesting in.

On the PC side, I've been casually replaying Might and Magic 3 Isles of Terra. This will probably make my 500th replay at least.

I also have RE0, RE1, RE6, RE7 (I love Resident Evil games, even if I always die and have managed to only finish the original RE2)

I love me some Resident Evil too as you can probably guess from my avatar. That remake of RE2 is great. I haven't purchased it yet, but I've played through the demo 3 times.

Are those ports of RE0, RE1, and RE6 identical to the PS3 versions?

The recent Tamriel Rebuilt release has sucked me fully back into Morrowind for the first time in several years. Morrorwind is one of the few games I always come back to.

With all these other games sitting unplayed ... I started replaying KotOR as a Male Scoundrel Consular for the first time in a number of years (that build, not the game).

Witcher 3 with W3EE

As I imagine a lot of people have done after the TV show, I've gone back to replay Witcher 3 - mostly because I always wanted to play HoS and B&W - which I never did.

Also, I have to say that W3EE could be my favorite mod of all time.

It changes, corrects and improves every... single... problem with Witcher 3.

It fixes exploration, progression, loot, combat, alchemy and so on.

Not only does it fix these things, it makes them more or less fantastic all-round.

Especially combat and alchemy.

Combat is incredibly skill-based now - and it takes hours of practice to get comfortable, but it's incredibly reward.

Alchemy, very much unlike vanilla, is meaningful and, in fact, vital for success. Given how EE changes the economy, you really have to make an effort to gather the right ingredients - and, most importantly, you have to prepare for the tougher fights, exactly like you'd expect in a Witcher game.

Witcher 3 goes from a great story with rather boring gameplay - to a game with a great story and fantastic gameplay.

It's so, so much better like this.

I love me some Resident Evil too as you can probably guess from my avatar. That remake of RE2 is great. I haven't purchased it yet, but I've played through the demo 3 times.

Are those ports of RE0, RE1, and RE6 identical to the PS3 versions?

RE0 and RE1 (PS4 Origins) seem to be the same as the Gamecube originals I played, except at a higher resolution. I haven't played much though, since I'm dividing my time between so many different games. I haven't gotten around to checking RE6 or 7 either, and never played it before (or 5, but I haven't bought it yet).

You should definitely buy the RE2 remake. It's worth the price. I also intend to buy the upcoming RE3 remake as well, since that game I never played even back in the day.

Also, the other JRPG is Exist Archive. I've only just installed it, haven't checked it out yet.

Last edited:
System Shock Remake Demo

Ugh…. This is bad.

Not that I expected great things - but still.

It's literally just a modest facelift and nothing more - except it's not a truly modern facelift, and it's also extremely dark for no reason at all.

For reasons way beyond me, they've decided to modernize the visuals in all ways - EXCEPT for the textures - which they've deliberately made retro-pixellated.

Ehm??? Why???

Why not modernize this modern version if the goal is to modernize it?

I don't know how it's taking this long to make something this unambitious in an engine that's essentially providing all the tools necessary to do every single feature in System Shock with minimal effort.

All they need to do is essentially copy the levels and make a relatively modest amount of assets.

The fact that they're still far from finished is not a good sign at all.

Oh well.

Well I guess it was fitting. Mega Man 11 proved to be the first game on the PS4 I beat. Mega Man 3 was the first game I ever beat, as well as the first on my NES back when I was a kid. So it's keeping to tradition (I think MMX1 was my first beaten SNES game as well, and MMX4 was the first PS1 game).

Overall, it was quite a bit easier than most in the series, with only Wily 1 (due to some bad enemy placement meant to insta-kill the player) being annoying. The rest was pretty solid though. The new gear mechanics were largely unneeded; a couple of areas needed the speed gear but that's it. The shop makes it easy to just buy E tanks and brute force bosses. The weapons are well made, but owing to the easy stage design, only Acid Barrier really is needed to get through a few sections (Wily 1).

When I have time.

The Witcher 3, AC Odyssey, The Division 2.

AC Odyssey is actually really good, and The Division 2 is slowly growing on me

I'm 60+ hours into Greedfall. Read about the game here at RPGWatch. Seemed like generally positive feedback. Saw a post about paying full price for games like this to support indy devs and it convinced me!

I don't think I will make it much further. Two biggest issues for me: (1) I find the quests to be really boring. Run to zone, talk to guy, run to next zone, etc. Everything is very obvious and linear. (2) the UI around inventory management is really hard for me to navigate. I love messing around with my party trying out different equipment sets, but the game makes this too tedious for me.

Lots of good stuff in the game, but not enough to keep me engaged. If I could do over would purchase on sale someday down the road.

Thinking I might check out Disco. Kind of struggling right now finding something to play :(

I'm 60+ hours into Greedfall. Read about the game here at RPGWatch. Seemed like generally positive feedback. Saw a post about paying full price for games like this to support indy devs and it convinced me!

I don't think I will make it much further. Two biggest issues for me: (1) I find the quests to be really boring. Run to zone, talk to guy, run to next zone, etc. Everything is very obvious and linear. (2) the UI around inventory management is really hard for me to navigate. I love messing around with my party trying out different equipment sets, but the game makes this too tedious for me.

Yeah, I also struggled to finish Greedfall. I really liked the first 1/2 - 2/3 of the game, but it started to feel like a chore towards the end.

You should be close to finishing if you're 60 hours in though.

34h into neverwinter nights ee, this game did not aged well at all; pretty atmospheric and interesting story but only 1 henchman at a time is a really big turnoff.

34h into neverwinter nights ee, this game did not aged well at all; pretty atmospheric and interesting story but only 1 henchman at a time is a really big turnoff.

*rolls eyes* no-one plays it for the Original Campaign anymore.

Expansions, premium modules and regular modules is what it's for...

Back
Top Bottom