The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I will be missing tonight too. I have been working a lot and feel I need to get to bed at normal night hours.

I managed to play my main toon to 30 as I planned. He will ETR and then TR to a sorcerer before next week. So I didn't really have an epic toon to play tonight anyway. I have 3 level 30 toons and one 25 or something who is functioning as a mule and would have to get rid of some gear to be able to play.

I don't have gear below level 3 so I will level up my sorcerer with daily dice XP stones until I just hit level 3. That won't disrupt level 1 quests in the Borderlands. If I at any time hit the wall I just stay they until you catch me up.

Good luck !

I've made a brand-new level 1 character for the Keep, and already recruited that one into the guild.

I have lots of gear for level 4, and I think I might also have gear for under level 4. You might ask me if you need something ... Or, even better, I could place something into the guild chest.

Peter, the rest of us agreed to stop our toons at the first rank of level 2, so I think you should do the same for consistency. With your pots and tomes you generally level much faster than the rest of us so I don't see any need for you to advance to level 3. I have no level 1/2 gear either!!

I'm not using XP pots on my main. It's just the VIP bonus and xp tome that is the difference. So he advances at the same pace as the others who are VIP's. Anyway, the key is to not level that would mess up XP of others and that.

Level 1 quests can be played by level 3's so that is usually the starting point when TR'ing. At least for me. That is why I don't have any gear below level 3. They just take room in the bank which I never use.

The difference between level 2 and 3 is only 24k XP. That is just 1 quest later on. I usually don't care about slayers and explorers so you usually gain more than just that and will easily catch up.

I could always come in later after you've finished the Borderlands since I really don't care about those quests. I prefer the level 2 quests that give coin lords favor. With Al in our group it means we don't have to split for the level 1 quests there.

I don't quite remember how to tell which rank I have, can you refresh my memory, please ?
It has something to do with these blue balls/orbs in the UI, right ?

Edit : Okay, IÄ've found that the blue balls / orbs at the right (normally under that display of the amount of Astral Shards) shows it, and that the normally blue bar at the botton of the screen also has a "(Rank 2)" for example on it.

I prefer the level 2 quests that give coin lords favor.

That's really a drawback I have noticed as well.
Especially since I notoriously always have too few inventory slots. :biggrin:

Last edited:
:p

You're telling me !

At which rank is everyone now ? I mean the level 2 characters ...

As far as I know, we should all be at level 2 until we play together on Friday night US time.

I'm 2nd rank of 2nd level, Alrik. It doesn't really matter exactly where you're at as long as you take your levels when the group does. Sometimes that means we have to hold a level for a while until we finish up certain content, other times that means that we let people take their level "early" before the rest of the party gets there. It's all tied to the content (quests) the group is running. As Keeper Of Ye Olde Book, I get the joy of coordinating and controlling that stuff, mostly because the rest of the group refuses to take The Book from me in spite of my best efforts.

Another update this week. Seemed pretty quick to me, but plan accordingly. Remember, we're on the new toons this week, starting on The Keep.

Anyone heard from Az? Hopefully he's still in one piece.

I will do my TR later today or early tomorrow. Just got my Jibber's blade and some reaper points. I remember I have some Keep items. Guess they can be used at level 2

Anyone heard from Az? Hopefully he's still in one piece.

I am, as usual, undead.

Nashville is a fair drive from me, and the storms that came through here didn't even register as storms to me. Just a mildly annoying rain.

We are starting to fire up since it's getting warmer. I'll be heading to an actual plant's lab instead of the main lab, so more OT, though my start time is so early that it shouldn't affect Friday's except when I have to go in on Saturday. I think that'll be swapping on and off with the other lab tech, so it won't be every weekend. If that much; I'm not actually a TN lab tech; only MS. And there is a difference; MS is on Superpave, while TN is about 50 years behind the times and still on Marshal. So of course, I'm working at the sole TN plant. There's also some night work coming soon, probably April. I don't know who is actually going to work nights though yet.

TR completed so everything ready for the new main TR group. I'm a level 2 tiefling fire sorcerer. Back to just having 100 hp. A level 2 sorcerer is pretty useless, but I will manage until I get more powerful spells. I can always hide behind one of your toons until that happens. :cool:

I can't understand why Corwin loves playing low level quests. Maybe he prefers all of us to be so squishy our toons die as often as his toons do. :lol: At least the Korthos gear his toons wear at all levels is useful at level 1-2.

The new sales, the free code looks interesting :

DDO Store Sales: March 5th - March 12th
Advance Your Alt!
Get 25% off:
Tomes of Learning
Select Low Level Adventure Packs
+2 Ability Tomes
Character Slots
Now through March 12th!

Weekly Coupon
Small Jewel of Fortune x5
Coupon Code SMALLFORTUNE
Now through March 12th!

Peter, when you're as old as I am, having only a couple of spells to choose from is WAY easier than having to make a decision on which one(s) to use in a battle. When faced with a large selection of choices, by the time I make a decision, the battle is over!! :D See, there is always method to my madness!!!! :)

Well, that was a fun run ! :) It made me totally forget how time passed by ... But there was still an inventory problem ! :lol:

Guys, I just realised I won't be able to make our next session; I have a visitor coming from the US for a weekend conference, so I'll be tied up all weekend. Sorry for the late notice, but I should be fine the following week. Go play with your epics!! :p :D

Theoretically, we've still got the level 18 alts running around. We can push that group to cap or bang out some epic stuff. Any opinions?

If we run epics, I've got a 23 (the previous Friday daggerlock) and a 27 woefully under-geared arty. While the 23 is more fun to play, I would probably be better off slogging the 27 toward cap and decent gear. Fine either way.

Back
Top Bottom