Shameless plug, my new company!

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I moved back to Texas. While I'm still working for NY employer through the end of the year, my main focus is my construction company with my brorther, Carty Custom Builders.

So if you are someone you know is interested in building a house in Austin, Texas, let me know!

Site looks good. Good luck with it.

Question for you - have you ever got half way through building a house and realised that you have made a major mistake? This is something that tends to happen with my slightly smaller scale DIY ventures.

Thought I'll see "you want to work? come to Texas, employment guaranteed in my new company!".

Damn. :(

Cool - good luck to you guys! Running a business isn't easy, I wish you the best!

Good luck ! :) *thumbs up*

Cool - good luck to you guys! Running a business isn't easy, I wish you the best!

Yeah, and I would like to know (if not a deep, dark secret) what prompted the decision to quit Wall Street for the new pastures :)

Yeah, and I would like to know (if not a deep, dark secret) what prompted the decision to quit Wall Street for the new pastures :)

Going to Texas? Why?
  • Extradition?
  • Angry customers?
  • Organized crime (an offer he couldn't refuse)?
  • Delusions?
  • Deliberately self-harm?
  • Deliberately other-person-harm (they've got guns there)?
  • Obsessive compulsive disorder?
  • Won a lottery?
  • Lost a lottery?
  • Just being stupid?
As far as I know the ninja from the watch - probably none of these. So I can't answer your question (you probably didn't ask me either).

pibbur who won't hire the ninja company, as he's finished with renovating his house.

Last edited:
Well… "quitting the rat race" would be somewhere near the top of my guesses right after "joining the Texas Nationalist Movement " and "it's cheaper to buy Armageddon Proof bunker in Austin than in NYC" :biggrin:

Ummm, duh?

21954980_SA.jpg

But that's one with the makeup. This one is without…

Z, it's a bad idea to put your personal information on the internet...

All those suggestions are of course more realistic than mine.

Pibbur who is now considering moving to TX.

The wife is watching me. So I can't choose dte's post.

Pibbur who is a bit unsure about z's contribution. She seems a bit older, and has some facial hair. Probably post menopausal.

Last edited:
"Shameless plug" - really nice name for a company ;-)

If I ever start an electrician firm, that will be its name.

The wife is watching me. So I can't choose z's post.

Pibbur who is a bit unsure about dte's contribution. She seems a bit older, and has some facial hair. Probably post menopausal.
Pibbur who is confused about who posted each photo... ;)

Confused?
//Looks at his post.
Don't think so.

pibbur who may accidentally have touched a button or two.

Site looks good. Good luck with it.

Question for you - have you ever got half way through building a house and realized that you have made a major mistake? This is something that tends to happen with my slightly smaller scale DIY ventures.

No, mainly because I've never built a house. My brother is the builder! I'm the finance guy (and right now since one of our sub contractors quit also the assistant welder/concrete guy!)

Thought I'll see "you want to work? come to Texas, employment guaranteed in my new company!".

Damn. :(

Maybe in a few years, we're in boot strap mode right now!

Thanks! I already have had to learn a ton of new legal and tax things I never even heard of before.

Going to Texas? Why?
  • Extradition?
  • Angry customers?
  • Organized crime (an offer he couldn't refuse)?
  • Delusions?
  • Deliberately self-harm?
  • Deliberately other-person-harm (they've got guns there)?
  • Obsessive compulsive disorder?
  • Won a lottery?
  • Lost a lottery?
  • Just being stupid?
As far as I know the ninja from the watch - probably none of these. So I can't answer your question (you probably didn't ask me either).

pibbur who won't hire the ninja company, as he's finished with renovating his house.

Delusions could definitely part it. Delusion of grandeur! The short of it is I spent nearly 20 years in Wall Street firms. I largely liked and it was very good to my family, but I was ready for something new. I'm the type of guy that I can't do the same thing for too long or I get bored. I also never intended to stay in New York City more than 5 to 7 years. December would have been 10. After we had two kids in the past few years, it was either move out to the suburbs or move back home.

My brother and I had talked for years about 'doing a deal' (he's built in Austin for 15 years), but really we either didn't have the money or couldn't find the property. So I cashed out of my condo about a year and a half ago and put most of the proceeds into our capital company and waited for the right deal to come along. It did in June last year. (that's the first house on the link that should be done in the next two weeks)

After that, I got the financing set up and pitched people I knew from Wall Street that wanted to be invested in Real Estate. Most wanted to see at least one house done, as expected. So as we closed in on finishing the first one (already sold to a buyer who basically begged us to make an offer!), I've started reaching back out to those people.

With any luck, we'll be up to around 6 properties as works in progress by year end.

Both my brother and I have always wanted to own our own businesses, so it was a natural fit. Our father once told us: There's no glory in working for other people.

Well… "quitting the rat race" would be somewhere near the top of my guesses right after "joining the Texas Nationalist Movement " and "it's cheaper to buy Armageddon Proof bunker in Austin than in NYC" :biggrin:

The Secession Movement and my bunker are just fringe benefits really :)

Back
Top Bottom