State of Washington Suing Kickstarted Fail

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
There not the first kickstarter to fail they will just be the first to be sued. Frankly good luck getting any money back as I don't see it happening.:)

Update: Let this be a reminder to all who use kickstarter the product you are helping to fund is not guaranteed. It's the same risk publishers take when they invest, and lose their money.;)

Last edited:
Wasn't that one a case of the person running with the money, rather than just not being able to produce the products with the money received?

Not caring if any money will be returned but this type of action is needed.
You got the money to make something and decided to spend it on booze and whores instead? Jail time.

you can't sue kickstarter, but you surely can sue the teams that mismanage the pledges.

I'm all in favour of suing liars, cheaters, and thieves. Let miscreants beware, if you bilk people there will be consequences. I really hope the lawyers clean his proverbial clock out.

I'm reading that the guy behind this lives in Russia..so Spud is 99.9% probably right for once.

Also, the artist who was behind the artwork was commissioned and not paid?

There's concern that his reputation will suffer for this fraud.

Wait... IIRC you can't start a project on Kickstarter if you live in Russia.
At least I thought so.

What is needed is to be immatriculated in the US (the requirement probably does not exist for Canada or the UK)

Quite a lot of frontpeople business going on, more or less structured as you might get approached by people who will offer their services (id est their immatriculation in the US) to start the project.

Nothing in this non event.

The failure in delivery is unarguable so it is such an easy cake.

It weeds out the gross thieves.

In video games KS projects, projects that will deliver nothing are going to be a rarity. It will take a special one not to send a piece of software that installs and launches.

For the content, that is something else.

This keeps out the very rare thief (who might not even exist in the video game industry) while leaving all room possible to all the project that do not deliver on the game features.

Wasn't that one a case of the person running with the money, rather than just not being able to produce the products with the money received?

I think the intent to defraud is key for legal action. There should be no risk for a card game, you can easily make SOME kind of card game regardless of the money you receive.

Back
Top Bottom