Kingmaker - Enhanced Edition & Beneath the Stolen Lands June 6th

Maybe time for another replay. Would you advise to take the DLC?

Depends on what you like. I enjoyed the first two DLCs (the third one isn't out yet).

Th first DLC adds new companion(s), kineticist class and tiefling race. The second DLC is about your neighbouring lord (Maegar Varn)'s adventure which was quite fun dungeon crawling experience.

Depends on what you like. I enjoyed the first two DLCs (the third one isn't out yet).

Th first DLC adds new companion(s), kineticist class and tiefling race. The second DLC is about your neighbouring lord (Maegar Varn)'s adventure which was quite fun dungeon crawling experience.

Thanks! I will try them then. And actually I am quite happy to give a bit more to those guys. They did an awesome job, even if it was far from a perfect launch.

Did you really like them? I think they are OK. But I wouldn't say that they are a *must have*.

For me the second DLC was my favorite. As the first and the last DLC aren't really interesting. I hope their new game when its released has better DLC like PoE.

I don't see how they're NOT must-have. Do you really want to miss extra content for this extraordinary game? The character DLC is excellent with an interesting companion and story and Maegar Varn's DLC expands a lot on what happened to Varnhold. I wouldn't miss either of them.

No they're not musthaves.
Both are of low quality (and the third DLC will probably go even lower as it's diceroll based dungeon).
Whoever decides not to buy Pathfinder's DLC, they won't miss anything. Most who do buy all or some will comment "this sux". Compared to the actual game.

I wish instead of wasting time on those DLC owlcat started making Pathfinder 2.

Kineticist class (+3 subclasses) is a very nice addition to the game. So are Tieflings and their variations.
And then two new companions that you get and their quests and some other minor additional content is also pretty nice. For 8$, it was worth it.

Varnhold DLC I would say is less required as it does little for the main game and it is for those that want more Pathfinder content after finishing the game once or twice.

Third DLC.. it is hard to say if it will be good and worth the price. Lets wait for the release. They said that you will be able to access a version of that dungeon from the main game so I guess it will add more content to the game and if you want you can just play the DLC content as a kind of a stand alone rogue like mega dungeon.
I will wait for some reviews first but I am interested in trying that with a full custom party.

Glad i've waited, should be fun.

How big is the map in this game, is it anywhere close to e.g Baldur's Gate 2? Maybe i should get Pillars 2 instead.. not gonna purchase both because i have such a huge backlog already.

Glad i've waited, should be fun.

How big is the map in this game, is it anywhere close to e.g Baldur's Gate 2? Maybe i should get Pillars 2 instead.. not gonna purchase both because i have such a huge backlog already.
It is much bigger than Bg2. P:KM is a 150+ hour game to finish..

How big is the map in this game, is it anywhere close to e.g Baldur's Gate 2?
Different map style, but contentwise it's cca the same size.
Maybe i should get Pillars 2 instead.. not gonna purchase both because i have such a huge backlog already.
You need to purchase both. But if there is a proper reason you won't buy both (what backlog) then Eternity 2 is not as good as it's predecessor and Pathfinder is better.

Then i'll skip Pillars 2.. First one was decent, but not on my top 10 list of best RPG's or anything.. My backlog is like 50 games that i really want to play. It just keeps getting bigger because instead of playing them i replay stuff or i spend months creating mods.

A bigger map doesn't make a better game. Personally, I'm starting to grow tired of so many games being 100 hours to finish. Few games can hold my attention that long anymore.

A bigger map doesn't make a better game. Personally, I'm starting to grow tired of so many games being 100 hours to finish. Few games can hold my attention that long anymore.

I agree about game length but a big map doesnt need to mean a long game really, but usually it does, and it seems to be the case here. This is not a game i intend to finish to 100%, but i'll have fun anyways i'm sure. I've never finished BG2 either, but i've played it many times (probably around 6-7 times) to perhaps 70% completion..

I usually don't care too much about endings anyways, never played a game where the story grabbed me so much that i needed to see it. I get tired of games very easily, even if they are good.

Eternity 2 is better than Eternity 1 in general. Kingmaker is a lot of fun but a far longer game than Eternity 2 IMO of course. I like both about the same, maybe Kingmaker a little out ahead of Eternity 2.

Now that I've played PoE2 (haven't finished it yet), I can say Kingmaker is much more fun. Unless you are extremely time poor and prefer something much simpler and easier, I'd say Kingmaker is far better option than PoE2 (IMHO). I still think PoE2 is much better than its predecessor though.

Eternity 1, I struggled to finish to be honest. I was bored reaching the middle of the game. POE2 was way better once it got all the improvements they did after launch.

Pathfinder was just awesome. I had a blast with the story but also the mechanisms in themselves. Fights and challenges were as they should be, nothing linear: easy fights mingled with hard ones and time to time a mad one.
In most the other games when you reach the end you are so powerful than the challenges become meaningless, disconnecting you from the story at the worst moment. With Kingmaker, nothing of the kind, even a stroll in the park must be prepared carefully.

Back
Top Bottom