Dragon Age 2 - Signature Edition FAQ

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Archmage Silver points out the Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition FAQ (the link didn't work for me yesterday), so here it is in full:
Limited Time Offer – get $20 of bonus content at NO ADDITIONAL COST! Pre-order Dragon Age II before January 11, 2011 and receive an automatic upgrade to the BioWare Signature Edition–a special, collector's edition version of the game that contains loads of additional content, exclusives, and other perks. This special edition version of Dragon Age II is only available before January 11, so pre-order now!

Contains the full version of Dragon Age II plus $20 of additional content including:

• A download code for a bonus playable character and missions
  • Downloadable game soundtrack
  • Exclusive in-game digital armory featuring multiple weapons
  • Additional downloadable items
Check the Signature Edition FAQ* for more details.

[AMS: Quoted it below*]

BioWare said:
1. If I already Pre-ordered Dragon Age 2, will I be upgraded to the BioWare Signature Edition?

YES! Anyone who has previously pre-ordered with the retailers listed below should be included in this offer, but ultimately this is up to the retailers, so please check with them directly.

2. What retailers will be offering the BioWare Signature Edition?

The Dragon Age II BioWare Signature will be available at Gamestop, Amazon, Electronics Boutique, and the EA store on October 14th. Other retailers will be following suit and we will offer an updated list at a later time.

3. Will the BioWare Signature Edition be available in Europe and other regions?

Yes! In Europe, the BioWare Signature Edition will be available in the following territories

• UK
  • France
  • Russia
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • Poland
  • Spain
  • Hungary
  • Slovakia
  • Czech Republic
  • South Africa
  • Sweden
  • Denmark
  • Norway
  • Finland
  • New Zealand
  • Australia
4. How long will the BioWare Signature Edition be available?

The BioWare Signature Edition will be available until January 11th, 2011. After that date, you can no longer order the BioWare Signature Edition of Dragon Age II.

5. How do I ensure I get the BioWare Signature Edition?

Pre-order Dragon Age II at one of the participating retailers listed above before January 11th, 2011 and you will be automatically upgraded to the BioWare Signature Edition.

6. Will I be able to get the BioWare Signature Edition after January 12th, 2011?

No. The only way you can get the BioWare Signature Edition is by pre-ordering Dragon Age II on or before January 11, 2011. After that, the BioWare Signature Edition will no longer be available.

7. What content is included in the BioWare Signature Edition of Dragon Age II?

The Dragon Age II BioWare Signature Edition includes the full version of Dragon Age II plus an additional $20 worth of bonus content that includes:

• A downloadable bonus playable character and missions
  • Downloadable game soundtrack
  • Downloadable in-game items including the digital armory that will feature a special weapon for each of your character classes

8. This seems too good to be true, what's the catch?

No catch, we just want to reward our most loyal fans and present them with this special version as a "thank you" for being an early adopter.

VE3D also has the final box art.

More information.

Wow - that box art is really bad, especially considering the original's excellent box art.

I must express my astonishment that in the list of territories the U.S. is not mentioned.

Especially since the U.S. gets things first, usually, and according to my rather cynical "rule" I invented many years ago like this : "bigger, better, first".

By the way, that guy reminds me of Duncan from the pictures ... Is this sort of a prequel ? Or something entirely new ?

I must express my astonishment that in the list of territories the U.S. is not mentioned.

Especially since the U.S. gets things first, usually, and according to my rather cynical "rule" I invented many years ago like this : "bigger, better, first".

By the way, that guy reminds me of Duncan from the pictures … Is this sort of a prequel ? Or something entirely new ?

If you go to the website and click on the pre-order button (twice on different page) you get a list of stores for North-America only (EA store, Gamestop and EBGames). People on the forum probably asked about the rest of the world.

DA2 isn't a prequel, it's not a sequel either. It's a totally new game in the "same" world as the first game. Actually, I would say it's a totally new type of game in the same world with all the changes they made...In a way, if you liked Mass Effect you are probably going to love DA2...

Am I reading this right? If you want the full game on launch day, you have to pre-order it the latest 2 months in advance. Otherwise, you'll have to pay 20€ extra on launch day.

If I read it right then this is just a load of crap and I'll definitely save my money to get The Witcher 2 first.

Last edited:
A worrying development IMHO. Pushing a time-limited pre-order suggests to me they're not as confident in the long term fans reaction to the game.

A worrying development IMHO. Pushing a time-limited pre-order suggests to me they're not as confident in the long term fans reaction to the game.

I see it more as bolstering both Q4 outlook and locking in Q1 revenues ...

I would never pre-order another Bioware game, I was burned bad on ME2. They can offer anything but I won't be pre-ordering.

If I understand the FAQ correctly the signature edition is a free upgrade to those who preorder before a certain date. Why then in the UK are retailers listing it as a separate edition that is £5 more than the regular one?

If I understand the FAQ correctly the signature edition is a free upgrade to those who preorder before a certain date. Why then in the UK are retailers listing it as a separate edition that is £5 more than the regular one?

Because they hope you will spend the extra $$ rather than taking advantage of the free upgrade?

Just pre-ordered the pc version from verkkokauppa.com, since I was going to get the game anyway. Not a bad deal for 36,40e.

Back
Top Bottom