Realms Beyond - Finished Map, Coin Design & Combat Beta Status

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The latest update for Realms Beyond shows off the finished map, coin design and talks about the current status of the combat beta.

Combat Beta Status

We're still working hard on completing the combat beta, but aren't quite happy with its current state yet. Apart from a couple of bugs and missing elements (such as monster portraits and SFX), we are also working on the content and encounter design. As the combat beta will be the first public release of our game, we want to deliver a good first impression (especially since some people will likely show off the gameplay on stream or on YouTube). Therefore we can't hastily release a half-baked and bug-ridden version of it, as this would taint the image of our game in the public eye. We ask you to be patient for a few more weeks, so we can release a polished version we can be proud of and you can enjoy without hiccups.

To make the waiting a little more bearable, here are a handful of screenshots from the first level of the combat demo (we don't want to spoil the later levels yet!):

[...]
More information.

That map looks insanely huge. I like what i see!

This game has been in my list for quite a while. I really hope it turns out well! Will be purchased immediately.

I'm pretty sure this will deliver! I'm finding myself looking much more forward to this then to BG III (which is a big unknown for now).

I'm pretty sure this will deliver! I'm finding myself looking much more forward to this then to BG III (which is a big unknown for now).

Agreed, this is the more interesting title to me right now as well.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister looks better to me, but yeah it looks good. Only problems I have are companions and some other small things, but hey the budget is small.:)

Solasta: Crown of the Magister looks better to me, but yeah it looks good. Only problems I have are companions and some other small things, but hey the budget is small.:)

What's wrong with the companions?

What's wrong with the companions?
They are blank have no story to go with them. It's similar to old TSR RPG games from the 80-90's. This was talked about during the kickstarter. It was never the main focus.

Banter and companion dialogue might be nil also. As you create the party.

Last edited:
Now that's a beautiful map, full of intriguing locales. It's good enough to frame and hang on a wall. The game screens remain of consistently high quality. On that last screen shot with the minotaur though, I wonder how a three hex monster will make it down the single hex width stairs? Logically you'd think it could do so.

The are blank have no story to go with them. It's similar to old TSR RPG games from the 80-90's. This was talked about during the kickstarter. It was never the main focus.

Banter and companion dialogue might be nil also. As you create the party.

Ok, don't remember much from the Kickstarter. I like the fact I can create the entire party though! I enjoy banter, but don't care enough about companion stories for the rest to be of any major importance for me.

Last edited:
Map looks amazing! Game looks great as well.
I'm really looking forward to playing it and hanging that map on my wall!

I backed at a tier with physical rewards and I'm looking forward to that map and coin.

That map looks insanely huge. I like what i see!

This game has been in my list for quite a while. I really hope it turns out well! Will be purchased immediately.

I only hope that the locations are not empty or boring. With so many places, they need A LOT of interesting content.

Ok, don't remember much from the Kickstarter. I like the fact I can create the entire party though! I enjoy banter, but don't care enough about companion stories for the rest to be if any major importance for me.
We need some games of both types. Lately, every worthwhile party-based RPG has included companions with full backstories, quest lines, etc. Sure you could skip them, but then you miss a lot of "content". It would be nice to have more games where that doesn't even exist, so you don't feel compelled to take the companions if you're the type of person who only plays a game once or twice.

This is the game, where the developers managed to create that amazing fireball effect!!
Now to think about it: even the music is similar and looks very much like the super-fantastic Blackguards I-II!! My all-time favorites regards party-based, turn-based RPGs.

This looks better every time I see it.

Glad I backed this.

Isn't this the game that if it sells good they can kick out other games pretty fast like the Gold Box games? Also, can people make their own modules and mod this game? Hopefully the modding tools will be easy to use. Sorry if I'm mixing this up with another game.

Back
Top Bottom