Deus Ex HR: Director's Cut - Patch Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Eidos Montreal has posted news that a new patch for Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut is now available. The update fixes many problems here are the details.

A patch has just been released to address a number of bugs and issues that affected some players of Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut.

What exactly has been fixed? This right here:

AI Bug Fixes

-The Personality Dialog no longer disappears when talking to Chase;
- Chet Wagner no longer missing;
- Sarif dialog fixed when using pheromones.

Graphic Fixes

- Black material -Fixed texture problem on the base of Detroit convenience shops
- Black wall in Sarif HQ near the entrance fixed
- Bright green textures instead of metallic textures in Hengsha kitchens fixed
- Fixed textures tiling issues in Adam's apartment floor and wall, Detroit grass and corridors
- Fixed floor tiling issue in Detroit apartment carpets
- Fixed black material on Tai Yong Medical walls

Sound/Music Fixes

- Fixed stuck sound issues
--Megan intro music stops playing in the walk and talk
- Fixed audio glitches in level load
- Fixed incoming commentary sound glitch when the system is disabled;
- Music no longer stalling when performing an alt-tab

Features fixes and additions

- Setup dialog: now possible to change settings outside of the game
- Text selection language option fixed
- Fixed language switching issues from Steam and in-game;
- Some performance optimization

We are still working on a few issues, most crucially the second screen functionality on PC and Xbox. We are collaborating with Intel and Microsoft to provide the full Director's Cut experience to all players as soon as possible.

Are you still looking for solutions to technical issues? Or you just want to gush about how much fun you're having revisiting the world of Adam Jensen? You can do both in the official Deus Ex forums, or on our Twitter or Facebook pages.
More information.

Maybe they should have just shipped it fully patched out. Part of the draw for me of these GOTY style releases is that the vast majority of the bugs have been patched out and are already on disc.

Who knows how long the consoles this was released on will support internet access. If I pop this in 10-20 years from now (which I do with games all the time) it would be nice not to pray online support is still around so I don't have to deal with a buggy game.

All of my issues were fixed, more or less. Now I just need to find the time to dive in again ;)

Maybe they should have just shipped it fully patched out. Part of the draw for me of these GOTY style releases is that the vast majority of the bugs have been patched out and are already on disc.

Same for me. As such, this "Director's Cut" is nearly useless for me.

If I pop this in 10-20 years from now (which I do with games all the time) it would be nice not to pray online support is still around so I don't have to deal with a buggy game.

Then you'll have to deal with incompatibilities with "modern operating systems".

As a PC player it makes no difference, Alrik. Because DX:HR is bound to Steam. If Steam doesn't exist anymore you can't play DX:HR any longer. As long as Steam exists, you also have the newest version of the game.

I think DX:HR is more than a GOTY re-release, it is a technical overhaul of the original game including new gameplay options. That's more than just putting the original release, all DLCs and patches into a box.

As a PC player it makes no difference, Alrik. Because DX:HR is bound to Steam. If Steam doesn't exist anymore you can't play DX:HR any longer. As long as Steam exists, you also have the newest version of the game.

I think DX:HR is more than a GOTY re-release, it is a technical overhaul of the original game including new gameplay options. That's more than just putting the original release, all DLCs and patches into a box.

I don't buy PC games that require steam or any kind of online authentication because you never know when the servers might shutdown(unfortunately this has pretty much killed modern PC gaming for me).

Then you'll have to deal with incompatibilities with "modern operating systems".

I'd rather deal with that than steam. I have retro gaming PCs just for that reason.

Tim--
Paranoia, Self Destroya?

BTW, it's been my experience that I can always play Steam games in offline mode, and have had to just yesterday when the servers were down. Works just fine that way.

I don't buy PC games that require steam or any kind of online authentication because you never know when the servers might shutdown(unfortunately this has pretty much killed modern PC gaming for me).

I have a lot of respect for people who (can) stick to that (I'm serious, no sarcasm here), I myself am still attached to games on disc (because I grew up that way and all) that always just work and I still buy those whenever there is a good game doing that (Witcher 1+2 are great examples for awesome retail versions with no DRM and tons of goodies in the box), but Steam is the biggest digital shop for games on this planet - at this point it's more likely that a disc will fail than Steam downloads becoming unavailable and I'm not even one of those funny dreamers that believe Steam would still allow anyone to download all of their games (for one last time) before finally shutting down.

There is a bigger risk of Steam turning evil one day (right now it's really not), because a bigger/worse company buys them or the current leadership dies/retires and assholes start controlling it.

I'd rather deal with that than steam. I have retro gaming PCs just for that reason.

There is a lot less "to deal with" on Steam than you make it sound. Especially lots of older games don't even have DRM on Steam (Steamworks offers DRM, but it's up to the publisher/developer if they turn it on for their games!). So... In those cases Steam is just a free download source for your games http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/page1
Considering all the crap that is out there and has seen the light of day in the past, this is actually quite good.

Back
Top Bottom