Things you don't need to know...

I think I have posted about what many mathematicians and math hobbyists regards as the most beautiful mathematical equation, Euler's identity: e^(i*Pi)+1=0. Here is a 20 minutes long video presenting the equation and how it's developed:

Presenter is prof. Brian Greene, and it's part of a series he's called Your Daily Equation where he (as a contribution during these corona times) presents an important equation in mathematics and physics every day: https://www.worldsciencefestival.com/?s=your+daily+equation.

Currently most equations come from relativity and quantum mechanics.

a pibbur who aknowledges that people not intereseted in physics and/or mathematics don't need to know about this.

Captchas!!!!
picture.php

Yepp. It's an ECG. And for the record, correct answers are V2, V3, V4,V5,
V6, III, and avF. Suggests an acute myocardial infarction, but other diagnoses are possible.

Other funny captchas?

a pibbur who BTW thinks the ECG's are from at least two different patients.

Star Trek - the youtube algorithms found this video for me:

Leonard Nimoy's Mameloshn: A Yiddish Story

As a German I can understand most of his Yiddish - a wonderful intelligent man.

Well I'm moving tommorow so I'll be going silent till my internet is hooked up. I'm sure many won't miss me so goodbye, farewell, and see you later. Hopefully it's only a few weeks.

Well I'm moving tommorow so I'll be going silent till my internet is hooked up. I'm sure many won't miss me so goodbye, farewell, and see you later. Hopefully it's only a few weeks.

Are you moving into a proper new home? I hope it's a nice place.

Are you moving into a proper new home? I hope it's a nice place.
It's in the same state but it's a gated community with a lot of nice perks. Though it's not a house per say but a four unit condo. On the plus side the guy who caused the fire and bed bugs is out of my life .

It's in the same state but it's a gated community with a lot of nice perks. Though it's not a house per say but a four unit condo. On the plus side the guy who caused the fire and bed bugs is out of my life .

Yes, I remember the bed bug guy. Good to be away from that situation.

Hope you settle in and get set up quickly.

A geek joke (I've decided to post those here, in stead of the daily smile thread):

garbage_math.png

a pibbur-ish being who claims that the above is very sound mathematics

This AI makes up words you won’t even find in the dictionary (https://thenextweb.com/neural/2020/05/14/thisworddoesnotexist-ai-dictionary-generator/):

a pibbur who also is artificially created (by the Norwegian postal service). And who likes the word "triflavine", but not it's suggested definition (a highly poisonous strain of bivalve mollusks of the arboreal kingdom that typically arises from parasitic mites or from fungi. They become vesicularized, becoming larger and more numerous )

A howto for landing a space shuttle:

a pibbur who finds the guy a bit annoying, but not enough to not watch the video.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I found that to be difficult and seeing how bad I was at it, also something I didn’t need to know

I have of course started looking at other drugs to see if there are more Tolkienish drug names. Among antibiotics (accepted for use in Norway) I've only found Trimetoprim. The suffix -rim is used for races, such as the Galadrim which is (AFAIR) the name of the elves in Lorien.

I will keep you informed.

a pibbur who realizes that names used for drugs in Norway in genereal seems more boring than what you find in use elsewhere.

PS. @Myrthos;. I also had problems with the quiz, mostly because very few of the drugs mentioned seems to be accepted in Norway. DS.

Last edited:
FYI: Tonight is national geek/nerd night on our national (commercial free) broadcasting company. 3 hours TV from 20:00.

One of the things presented was an electric drill powered skateboardish device (scooter?) with 3D-printed parts (yes, I know other has done similar things):

pibbur who knows from a novella he read (Black&Decker by Norwegian author Einar Økland) other possible (not recommende) uses for electrical drills.

FYI: Tonight is national geek/nerd night on our national (commercial free) broadcasting company. 3 hours TV from 20:00.

One of the things presented was an electric drill powered skateboardish device (scooter?) with 3D-printed parts (yes, I know other has done similar things):

pibbur who knows from a novella he read (Black&Decker by Norwegian author Einar Økland) other possible (not recommende) uses for electrical drills.

And you think us down under are crazy!!

Back
Top Bottom