Underrail - Release Date: December 21

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Styg announced: Underrail will be available on GOG, GamersGate and Steam on December 21:

Closed Beta Testing; Release Date

Hi guys. It is my pleasure to announce that the game has now entered beta stage and will be released in full on December 21st 2015. As before it will be available on Steam and GamersGate, but now also on GOG.com.

In the following two weeks we will be doing closed beta testing to make sure the game has as few bugs as possible on release.

Also a little heads-up: at some point between now and full release the game's price will be increased from its early access/alpha price to its full price. Those of you who have followed us since the early days know well that the game has since grown in scope and quality far beyond that of the initial release.

Thank you all for being patient with us throughout the years, the long wait is now at an end.
More information.

Congratulations - the Early Access version was fantastic already!

I'll be in Christmas isolation mode (aka no internet for several weeks) so I'll likely be starting this one in January or Feb. It will have priority status, though!

Congrats, Styg.

EDIT: Just bought it. The only thing that has been holding me back all this time was the tiny font. I understand you have increased it for dialogues, at least. Hopefully, that will be good enough. Has always looked like a great game in every other aspect.

Last edited:
Horrible idea. Will be completely drown in the christmas sales.

It doesn't really matter whether he chooses to release it during the Xmas sales or later to avoid competition. Analysis have shown that a game's early access launch is the games ACTUAL launch in terms of sales numbers. In other words, any game that has been in EA for many months or as in some cases years, has already seen the majority of it's sales.

https://medium.com/steam-spy/some-things-you-should-know-about-steam-5eaffcf33218#.ijjq2gd0o

It doesn't really matter whether he chooses to release it during the Xmas sales or later to avoid competition. Analysis have shown that a game's early access launch is the games ACTUAL launch in terms of sales numbers. In other words, any game that has been in EA for many months or as in some cases years, has already seen the majority of it's sales.

https://medium.com/steam-spy/some-things-you-should-know-about-steam-5eaffcf33218#.ijjq2gd0o

Well, I don't see the data this is based on. And while there is a point of course it all depends on press coverage.

This is from sunless sea:
CumulativeSales.png

I bought mine years ago via Desura; what's happening about that?

woo.hoo.com!
I'll be in Christmas isolation mode (aka no internet for several weeks) so I'll likely be starting this one in January or Feb. It will have priority status, though!

I'll be in Christmas isolation too, but playing four or five different games!

Regarding timing, it's ridiculous for indie games to try and time their releases. Audiences that appreciate what Styg is doing are going to appreciate it any time. What's he going to do, hold off until January? That's the dead season right after the holiday. What about Spring? There's always going to be reasons to delay, but not good ones.

True. But I am pretty sure that releasing during christmas or any other major Steam sale is basically the worst case as it completely destroys any visibility and in addition lures potential buyers towards sales.

I could even imagine that Steam tells him "Dude...don't do it" and it gets postponed...let's see.

Well I finally bought it:) Should I start playing or wait? Will the updates kill my character?

True. But I am pretty sure that releasing during christmas or any other major Steam sale is basically the worst case as it completely destroys any visibility and in addition lures potential buyers towards sales.

I could even imagine that Steam tells him "Dude…don't do it" and it gets postponed…let's see.

Best thing he could do would actually be to put it at 50% off for the duration of the sale with a 75% daily deal. Revenue on volume would crush the reduced sales if 1.0 release is at full price.

I bought this game in early access a long time ago because it was on sale. I have avoided trying it because I feel like playing betas spoil the final game :) I am really looking forward to finally playing it.

This is a game I forced myself to wait for release. I am buying for sure and playing it on day1. A proper Fallout sequel :p

Best thing he could do would actually be to put it at 50% off for the duration of the sale with a 75% daily deal. Revenue on volume would crush the reduced sales if 1.0 release is at full price.

AFAIK the Steam Winter Sales will not feature Daily Deals, much like the just finished Autumn Sales. But I like the idea of putting the game at 50% off :)

Back
Top Bottom