December 5th, 2019, 23:13
Henriquejr spotted some reviews for Phoenix Point:

Strategy Gamer - 4/5

PC Gamer - 77/100

GodIsAGeek - 9/10

PC GamesN - 8/10

Rock Paper Shotgun

[…]

There's slow-burn greatness in Phoenix Point. It's a game where you might be exploring a site, bracing for ambush, but instead find an abandoned theme park dedicated to a novelty boy band of hedge fund managers called the Lucrative Lads. Where you dread the thud of a parasitic worm dropping from a roof to the ground at your feet. Where the cold utilitarianism trained by XCOM slowly melts, and ideology begins to influence your diplomacy. It's warmer, stranger, than its genremates. But it's harder work to enjoy. Like its most outlandish guns and powerful armours, it takes a few hours' research to get there.

[…]
Eurogamer

[…]

Playing Phoenix Point has been a powerful propulsion back through my past, pinballing me through 25 years of alien-fighting nostalgia. And if I still find myself returning to it again, keen to blow the floor out from under another tentacled terror the moment I finish this review, then you know it's got much more right than wrong. Even if I never reach the end, I will still have enjoyed the journey, and the friends (soldiers) I met (renamed as my friends) along the way.

[…]

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 13:53
Apparently its buggy as hell, has performance issues, and a plethora of planned dlcs that feel like veiled micro transactions. If anything, will try the 'full version' in a year or two when it goes on sale in Steam

Nereida

Watchdog

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 17:44
Yeah, I very much doubt it will be full price on Steam for long, when it's finally released.
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal | Stygian
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Encased | ATOM RPG | Realms Beyond | Urtuk: The Desolation

screeg

floating head
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

December 6th, 2019, 19:17
Agreed. No reason to rush and plenty to wait on this one.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 19:49
I'm going to give it a month of patches before I play it, but it will be hard. Tactical TB is like crack for me.

ChaosTheory

Virtual Reality Hero
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

December 6th, 2019, 20:42
COHH Carnage is in the middle of a big controversy when he confessed he never liked the chances system in XCOM/2.

Baldur Gate gate incoming. Because they alluded too to dropping the chances system.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Phoenix Point - Some Reviews