Immortals Fenyx Rising - Review @ RPG Site

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPG Site reviewed the action RPG Immortals Fenyx Rising:

Immortals Fenyx Rising Review

If there's one thing that the start of a new year is good for, it's clearing out your massive gaming backlog. Although I had quite the shameful list of some of 2020's biggest open-world games on my backlog, for me there was one title in particular that I wanted to take the time to finish- Immortals Fenyx Rising. As a big fan of both the new direction of Assassin's Creed and Breath of the Wild's design that has so clearly influenced this game, as well as a lover of the wild world of Greek mythology, I thought this was a match made in Elysium.

After putting more than 25 hours into the game and finally hitting the credits, I wouldn't go as far as calling Immortals the equivalent of Greek heaven, but I would certainly go as far as calling it Ubisoft's best open-world game in quite some time. It's a heartfelt, passionate open-world game set in a vibrant world that mostly manages to avoid the typical Ubisoft trappings whilst combining elements from some really great games. It might not ever reach the lofty heights of the games that have so clearly influenced it, but considering the pedigree, I'm more than happy with what it manages to achieve.

[...]

Immortals Fenyx Rising was a game that I wanted to play to finish and put to the side, but it's one that has stuck with me a lot longer than I thought it would, and given me one of my favourite Ubisoft open worlds in memory. If you can look beyond a lack of originality in some of its formula and some rigid puzzles, you'll find a beautiful world that's well worth exploring.

Score: 8/10
More information.

Any Watchers played this? I really enjoyed Breath of the Wild and this certainly echoes that…
It was originally a spinoff of Assassin's Creed Odyssey but they changed the graphics.

Any Watchers played this? I really enjoyed Breath of the Wild and this certainly echoes that…

I'd be shocked if something from Ubisoft manages to capture the same vibe as BotW. I expect it's more of an attempt to cash in on the current popularity of similar titles.

That said, I haven't played it myself, and the reviews seem to indicate that it's at least competent. I might check it out at some point in the future, but the setting doesn't interest me much.

I'd be shocked if something from Ubisoft manages to capture the same vibe as BotW. I expect it's more of an attempt to cash in on the current popularity of similar titles.

That said, I haven't played it myself, and the reviews seem to indicate that it's at least competent. I might check it out at some point in the future, but the setting doesn't interest me much.

Yeah, I would have thought so too but the reviews seem to be pretty good... maybe a sale pickup at some point.

I've been playing this one..i'm having a lot of fun with it too. Excellent game with lots of puzzles, battling and humour (hit and miss but a refreshing change).
Well worth picking up if you like BOTW but a really good game in it's own right.

It was originally a spinoff of Assassin's Creed Odyssey but they changed the graphics.

Really ?

That's sad, because I had thought that the game was a unique development .. I feel kind of tricked now.

I had this game definitively on my buying list.

And I won't touch any Assasination game with a 50-metre-pole ...

Really ?

That's sad, because I had thought that the game was a unique development .. I feel kind of tricked now.

I had this game definitively on my buying list.

And I won't touch any Assasination game with a 50-metre-pole …
That's how it started out in the beginning, but changed drastically during it's development. It was re-booted and a different game entirely. So I recommend playing it.

Back
Top Bottom