What games are you playing now?

Wow, I'm Mr. Shortattentionspan! I'm playing Balrum again and Last Epoch will be the game I probably go back to after a little Balrum. Wolcen just feels like a WWE arpg. Every single character looks like they take steroids and failed kindergarten 17 times and became a wrestler...um warrior I mean.

Rotating between Dying Light, Arkham Knight (FINALLY figured out the batmobile dodge but still hate it), and My Time at Portia.

I'm playing some Fallout 76.
I'm not hating it.

Though... often it feels like "stash-management the MMO". Seriously, even trying to sell your junk requires hunting for resources to bundle up the junk and then as a side-effect you have MORE junk, and modifying my power armour requires nuking an area to create some special junk which means I have to go through the execrable end-game stuff to collect that junk and... and...
Then the bloody thing disconnects and I have to repeat the last 20 minutes of bullshit that I barely survived last time...

Oh well, maybe I do kinda hate it.

However, it is quite pleasant just traipsing around, exploring stuff, ignoring other players (I hardly ever see them anyway - why bother making this full MP?), and leveling up.
Wastelanders content seems to have proper quests n consequences n shit, too, which is nice.

I'm playing some Fallout 76.
I'm not hating it.

Though… often it feels like "stash-management the MMO". Seriously, even trying to sell your junk requires hunting for resources to bundle up the junk and then as a side-effect you have MORE junk, and modifying my power armour requires nuking an area to create some special junk which means I have to go through the execrable end-game stuff to collect that junk and… and…
Then the bloody thing disconnects and I have to repeat the last 20 minutes of bullshit that I barely survived last time…

Oh well, maybe I do kinda hate it.

However, it is quite pleasant just traipsing around, exploring stuff, ignoring other players (I hardly ever see them anyway - why bother making this full MP?), and leveling up.
Wastelanders content seems to have proper quests n consequences n shit, too, which is nice.

Thanks for the mini-review. I'll play 76 again I'm sure but I'm in no hurry. I'm waiting for a TempDart or TempAgnan to show up and review it.

finally getting around to playing divinity Original Sin, six years after I got it =)

I'm pretty blown away by it actually, I can see myself being stuck in this game for quite some time!

finally getting around to playing divinity Original Sin, six years after I got it =)

I'm pretty blown away by it actually, I can see myself being stuck in this game for quite some time!

I clocked up 331 hrs on Original sin 1
348 hrs on Original sin (Enhanced edition)
540 hrs on Original sin 2

I have recently reinstalled ready to replay Original sin 2 (Enhanced edition) apparently a lot has been added?.

I'm playing the game called life AKA reality and it sucks right now.:(

Only a few more weeks till I get a new Pc and apartment.:fingerscrossed:

You won't wait for new xbox and playstation, releasing any minute now?
I'm doing a happy dance, but some will be very disappointed... ;)

I'm playing the game called life AKA reality and it sucks right now.:(

Only a few more weeks till I get a new Pc and apartment.:fingerscrossed:

Glad to hear it. I was going to buy you a cheap model to hold you over, but if you're getting something in a couple weeks, I probably couldn't ship you anything quicker.

I'm still playing Balrum, just to stay on topic. Balrum is a rpg/farm simulator/crafting game. On lower difficulties you never really need to farm. On the highest difficulty, you will need everything the game offers to survive. The game is brutally hard on the highest difficulty. I'm kinda shocked Kordanor didn't love this game. The games he loves to rave about are much easier than this one on Grandmaster. Me? I died to a rat and it wasn't even close :)

Yeah I'm going to buy a new AMD gaming PC. Yes I know Intel and Nvidia are a better option but my wallet is tight. Thanks for the offer though @crpgnut;.

skally_wag;1061602761I have recently reinstalled ready to replay Original sin 2 (Enhanced edition) apparently a lot has been added?.[/QUOTE said:
I think the earlier parts of the game are mostly the same save bug fixing, but they apparently expanded the latter parts of the game substantially. (I've only played it in its original form)

Yeah I'm going to buy a new AMD gaming PC. Yes I know Intel and Nvidia are a better option but my wallet is tight.
Intel, no. And it seems it'll stay that way,
Currently AMD CPU is the correct option. Any Ryzen to be precise as you get 4 cores minimum. If you can wait a while, 3100 is supposed to be priced only a hundred bucks and is stronger than some of old i7 - I have no idea why people were buying those i7 for gaming and spending like $300 instead of grabbing cheaper i5 back in the day.

Played XCOM Chimera Squad for a couple of hours last night.

I like how Fireaxis gives a theme to each episodes and stick to it, mechanically.
The first one was The Invasion, it was a war and XCOM were soldiers and had planes and rocket launchers, and the second was the Resistance, a guerilla war based on sabotage and acquiring intels.
This one is police work, of the special force kind.
It takes cues on games like SWAT and Door Kickers, and mix it with Fireaxis own multiplayer mode for XCOM2 (in wich we can command any alien units, and it's excellent!) and adapt the result to their formula.

It works well, with its short burst missions and a charming rag tag team of misfits from (reeeeeally) different origins and with different capabilities. No new recruits and customizations though…
The big change is the breach mechanic, cool but repetitive (I'm not sure I'll find it cool until the end of the game).
Tactical maps are smaller, and fights are mainly close combats from what I've seen so far so… Bring the shotguns!

The trailer could let believe that the game had shitty edgy dialogs, but besides a few bad jokes from one team member, it's okay (I kicked her off).
The tone is still lighter than in the other episodes but, after all, the war is over.

It's not really a new episode though, more like XCOM 2.5, but it shows a possible direction for XCOM3.
For example, they changed the shitty overwatch system from XCOM2 to adopt the excellent one present in Phoenix Point (where you have to actually choose what area you're overwatching, makes way more sense and prevent your guys to use their single overwatch action NOT shooting at the right target).

All in all, pretty good, even more so since it's only 10 Eurodollars.

Last edited:
Intel, no. And it seems it'll stay that way,
Currently AMD CPU is the correct option. Any Ryzen to be precise as you get 4 cores minimum. If you can wait a while, 3100 is supposed to be priced only a hundred bucks and is stronger than some of old i7 - I have no idea why people were buying those i7 for gaming and spending like $300 instead of grabbing cheaper i5 back in the day.
Don't want to go more off-topic but damn Nvidia mid range cards cost $350+. I'll settle for an AMD 5700 for $225.

Back
Top Bottom