South Park - Release Date & Grand Wizard Edition

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
South Park: The Stick of Truth finally gets a release date of December 10. Along with this annoucment is a new trailer , and information it's getting a special $80 collector's edition.

Today, Ubisoft, South Park Digital Studios, and Obsidian Entertainment announced South Park: The Stick of Truth, will be available on the North American continent on December 10 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

Fans can check out the latest action in South Park: The Stick of Truth by watching the new “Destiny” trailer, released today. In the trailer, the New Kid steps forth and fulfills his, well, destiny.

About South Park: The Stick of Truth:
Arm yourself with weapons of legend to defeat underpants gnomes, hippies and other forces of evil. Discover the lost Stick of Truth and earn your place at the side of Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny as their new friend. Succeed, and you shall be South Park’s savior, cementing your social status in South Park Elementary. Fail, and you will forever be known… as a loser.

In addition, consumers who pre-order South Park: The Stick of Truth will also receive the Ultimate Fellowship Pack. Choose your class and pick your perk with four exclusive Stick of Truth costumes that come equipped with special abilities. Suit up as the Necromancer Sorcerer to increase your fire damage, earn extra gold by equipping the Rogue Assassin outfit, deal extra weapon damage with the Ranger Elf costume, or raise your defense with the Holy Defender outfit.

South Park: The Stick of Truth Grand Wizard Edition, a must-have for any self-respecting South Park fan worth his weight in cheezy poofs, will also be available on December 10 for the expected retail price of $79.99. This limited Grand Wizard Edition features a trove of mystical items from the deepest reaches of South Park to aid you in your quest to acquire the Stick of Truth and rid the realm of evil.

The Grand Wizard Edition includes:

South Park: The Stick of Truth Game
The full game on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PC.

Grand Wizard Kidrobot® Cartman Figure
Pose the Grand Wizard Cartman and his stick of authority with this six-inch replica figure from Kidrobot®. The Grand Wizard Cartman figure is not available in stores and can only be found in the Grand Wizard Edition.

Kingdom of South Park Map
The entire town of South Park has been charted, plotted, and mapped. Chronicle your own conquests with this one-of-a-kind piece of South Park history.

The Stick of Truth Ultimate Fellowship Pack
Unlock the ultimate fellowship! Included for free in the Grand Wizard edition.
More information.

Last edited:
will be available on the North American continent on December 10
Okay...
And what will release date be on other not important continents, moons, stars and planets?

Okay…
And what will release date be on other not important continents, moons, stars and planets?

Boohoo....

Okay…

Who knows ask them. :)

I do know most games come out a day or two later. The whole different day of release thing that's not new. I had to wait months for a few European RPG's .;)

oddly enough Grand Wizard was a title I was not going to put in my own game because I thought it evoked shades of the Ku Kux Klan.

South Park......yeah, not likely to be a good game. And ubisoft....prolly means having to use their online junk?? Huge pass, I'd replay something from the past 25 yrs rather than have to register at some lame site to play what's like to be not a good game.

-Carn

Okay…

Well considering the UK trailer shown above says December 13th… I'd guess sometime around December 13th in the UK at least.

Well considering the UK trailer shown above says December 13th… I'd guess sometime around December 13th in the UK at least.
Joxer more than likely didn't watch the trailer. I gave him a clue but he didn't respond. As for me I wasn't even sure it was going to be released this year at all. This announcement surprised me.:)

Good news, hope it does well for Obsidian. I don't watch the show but if the reviews are good I'll pick it up to support them.

South Park……yeah, not likely to be a good game. And ubisoft….prolly means having to use their online junk?? Huge pass, I'd replay something from the past 25 yrs rather than have to register at some lame site to play what's like to be not a good game.

-Carn

You're a gamist :) I don't preconsider a game until I've actually tried it or at least read reviews. Why is it not likely to be a good game? It could be the best game in the world for all I know at this point.

South Park is an excellent show. It's worlds better than most of the trash on TV. No show could last as long as it has without something of substance going on and enduring entertainment value.

I would've expected an RPG based on the show to suck too on general principles but the game has rec'd a LOT of positive buzz from many sources over its development - enough so that I'm interested. I'll still wait for reviews, player reactions, etc, before I commit but I do that for many games anyways.

The dudes who make south park are pretty hip and tend to care about quality. They're somewhat in tune with gaming (their episode related to WoW was classic). I think there's a good chance this game will be a surprise in that it'll be a decent RPG, something a little different, and it'll probably be pretty damn funny.

So many games these days, especially RPGs, repeat the same kinds of content and approaches endlessly, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for an RPG lover but it is always nice to find that rare gem that does something a little different and that stands out.

Yeah, I think I'll buy this one for full price, unless I'm busy with WL2 by then. Partly to support Obsidian, but mostly because I think it will be a damn entertaining game.

Yep, this is at least in concept and setting innovative. Plus Trey and Matt's writing could be entertaining / funny. I wonder about gameplay, but we'll see. :)

No show could last as long as it has without something of substance going on and enduring entertainment value.

Exactly, as demonstrated by soap operas, American Idol, the Simpsons a and Jerseyeshore ... :)

But it might be pretty good anyway ...

Back
Top Bottom