Witcher Just starting!

The Witcher

Londonchris

Watcher
Finally got the game downloaded and running (took a while)!
No chance of remembering half of the manual, just have to learn the hard way :S

Looks great though, i will certainly be amused for a loong time :cool:

You'll be ok ;) It's not technically hard game, though alchemy might be confusing at the beginning.

Manuals are best scanned at first then read once you've seen a little of the game. Leave them in the bathroom. ;)

The game was kinda daunting to me at first. The combat takes a little getting used to. I used the isometric view most of the time and had terrible problems not-quite clicking on an enemy which got turned into a move command. It was well worth spending the time to get good at the combat, though.

Hehe, I love how the characters take Geralt's amnesia in stride - like it's something that happens to people all the time. Which it does in the RPG gaming world! ;)

I like it :)
Does take abit of getting used to, and the potion making will be abit of a learning curve for me.
Lots of cut-scenes and help (which is well done) at the start.
I take it this will last up to the first chapter and then your in the deep end?

Noticed jumping off walls or climbing up is out of the question?!

Hehe, I love how the characters take Geralt's amnesia in stride - like it's something that happens to people all the time. Which it does in the RPG gaming world! ;)

haha yes too true lol.

I also liked how after been moments from death Trish wants some action lol.

It's a great game. You're in for a different experience each chapter. I beat it a few days ago, still been thinking about it lots - it's a great game. My advice to you is to really give thought about the choices you make, don't rush through all the text. It's a rewarding story.

Oh yeah, and I got much use out of the Igni sign. If you invest points into it, and take an endurance regeneration potion - you're pretty much unstoppable.

Last edited:
Well he`s not much of a drinker, only had 3 drinks with the chap with the gardening problem... ended up totally hammered at 2AM and staggering around trying to light candles!

Londonchris: Much as in the real world, how hammered Geralt gets depends on the kind of drinks he is given. Three bottles of wine or some other hard liquor and he will be toast, maybe even pass out, but beer takes a lot more to get to the same point - 5-7 drinks isn't out of the question.

As far as the little tutorial screens go, they will keep popping up until you've exhausted them all, though it will be less frequent as you progress. Everytime you learn a new sign you will trigger one, which goes at least into chapter 3.

Everytime you learn a new sign you will trigger one, which goes at least into chapter 3.
You can get them all in chapter 2, actually.

Oh yeah I forgot, the last one is inside the tower right? That's right at the end of the chapter though.

Yeah, that's true.

Really enjoying this game now, somehow managed to lose / sell the ring of Eternal Fire, so that made things a bit more difficult!

That's why it's good to keep it on your finger! ;)

Oh, btw... I'm correcting myself on the previous claim about learning the signs. You can also learn the last sign (whichever one that is called - I forgot) in the cave in the swamp - you don't have to wait till the end of chapter II. Uh that is, if there are four signs. There's four right?

END OF CHAPTER ONE SPOILERS!

Well I just completed chapter one and is was damn good! On the positive I'm getting laid more than I ever do in real life!

Not quite sure how 90% of the villagers ended up dead though, did the hell hound just shift into turbo before I killed it? Also I ended up doing the Witch as I was leading the kids out of the cave... very appropriate! lol

So far love the game though, just a little bit of a shame that so many NPC's in chapter two look the same!

Last edited by a moderator:
On chapter 4 now, have been really enjoying it.

I think the story could be a bit stronger in some respects however:

The end of chapter two was a bit of a let down as both villans got away even though I could of killed them. I found that to be more fustrating than a good plot twist. By the time I got to the Professor and Azar I just wanted to kill them and move on with the story! lol

Its a bit dissapointing so far that the main villians have been known from the beginning but I know that could change. Been the paranoid person I am I don't trust Triss! lol

unfortunately the profressor and azar are good at the vanishing act. It won't be the last time you feel that frustration..

*edit* whoops, just realized you said you are in chapter 4, which means you already know about what I said in the spoiler tag. - I just started chapter 4 myself.

Well, quite regardless--

Neither Azar nor the Professor is the "real" villain anyway.

Back
Top Bottom