NWN2 Mod: Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded - Teaser Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A teaser trailer for Neverwinter Nights 2 mod Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded.

BGR Team is one step closer to achieving an entire remake of the famous RPG that became the game upon which every other RPG is measured. Working on the mod since 2012, Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded has been an ongoing passion project of Drew Rechner and this merry band of superfans and industry professionals that seek to leave a mark in the modding scene with a powerful interpretation of Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal and Watcher's Keep, using the Aurora Engine from Neverwinter Nights 2.
More information.

7 years in the making and all they show is a couple of short clips plus some (pretty good) voice acting. Coming in 2021, yeah right!

Remake of BG2 is not a bad idea, though.

This reeks of wasted effort.
Yep. It's too early to tell without more footage or even playing it, but I don't see any additional value in using the NWN2 Aurora engine in comparison to the Infinity engine. But you loose the beautiful handcrafted backgrounds.

edit: Ok, what you get is the 3.5ed instead of 2ed.

Of course it's a lot of work, it's why at least my comment didn't take any merit from the makers, just pointed it out as all that lot of effort being wasted.

My reasoning is that NWN2 in general isn't great, it's terribly dated and at times it looks worse than BG2 itself. In its favour, it can be heavily modded, but I don't feel anyone will be excited to play this version of BG2. If their aim is to get BG2 running on a 3.5Ed ruleset, sure, but I can't see more incentive to it beyond overriding the horrible THAC0 system. Still, as I said, kudos to them for all the work, and as long as they're having fun, it'll be worth for them, I'm sure.

My biggest issue with NWN2 was just how terrible the camera control was. Apparently there is/was a WoW-like camera mod out there, but I cannot actually find it.

More to the point, will the camera still suck in this mod?

The attitude on display in this thread is why I don't (usually) bother to post here anymore.

I'll be the positive ray of light because the mod has my interest. It's already well known how much I've played NWN 1&2 and it's because of the mods. Hopefully it gets finished.

My biggest issue with NWN2 was just how terrible the camera control was. Apparently there is/was a WoW-like camera mod out there, but I cannot actually find it.

More to the point, will the camera still suck in this mod?

I don't believe the mod addresses the camera, since that is hard coded in the game engine. I'm fully used to it so that's not an issue for me. There are some settings you can tweak.

https://nwn2.fandom.com/wiki/Camera

AGREED!
If it was turn-based and isometric.

no-dr-evil-memes.jpg

Wow. I came here expecting lots of praise for this project only to find out lots of posts s** on it. Just...why???

I played their first mod for NWN2, the BGR1. It was nothing short of amazing. I beat the game. The developer of the mod got a job in the game industry because of it, if I am not mistaken. That's how good the mod was.

I just watched some footage of the BG1 version, and I have to admit it looks pretty impressive.

I'm curious though how they were able to use original BG1 sound files. I wonder if they actually asked for and were given permission or if Bioware/WotC just doesn't know or care.

Be thankful it's not Bethesda. As it would've been DMCA'D in it's first week. Anyway from reading the mod-page he credited the developers and added a disclaimer.

9oHqSaN.png

Back
Top Bottom