Kingmaker - Characters and Animation

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker continues to make progress towards its goal and has had a couple of updates. The latest is about character animation and the other about a potential companion.

Pathfinders,

We have prepared a brand new video for today's update. As you've certainly guessed by our headline, it's all about characters and animation. Our technical director Alexey Drobyshevsky lets you have a first look at the inventory system and how putting on items works. He is also showing off some of our combat animations. Please be aware that the shown footage is still work in progress and we're still ironing out some kinks. With that in mind, we hope you will enjoy our new video and, as always, we can't wait to hear your comments and feedback.
[...]

Dear Pathfinders,

We continue our story about those who will accompany you on your journey to the Stolen Lands. Many heroes rightfully call themselves Pathfinders - from the mighty Fighters to the cunning Rogues - but nobody is as good at literally finding paths where there seem to be none as the Rangers.

Ekundayo, or Ekun for friends, isn't too talkative. Even after earning his trust, one would need a lot of patience to learn something about his past. An experienced Ranger, a former mercenary, a devout worshipper of the dwarven god Torag... A soul on the verge of despair. When you meet him, he has nothing left to lose and only hopes to live long enough for a bloody revenge. Will you let his hatred consume him - or will you give him a new hope, a new place in life, a new home to fight for?

Ekun's family came from the South, from the hot deserts of Thuvia, but he's never seen the land of his ancestors. His true motherland is Absolom - the great city in the center of the world, where one can meet people of every known nation, every religion, and every creed. After the death of his parents, he went to seek his fortune in the northern continent of Avistan, where he traveled back and forth before ending up in the turbulent Stolen Lands.

In battle, Ekundayo relies on his trusty bow, sending death from afar, but he also can protect himself in close combat, armed with a sword. He has no need for heavy armor but handles shields well. A faithful hound accompanies him, always ready to help.

Ekun is a man of action, not a scheming diplomat. Should you decide to rely on his help in ruling the kingdom, you will benefit from his physical abilities and combat skills. He can do well protecting you and your people - or enforcing your orders, even the unpopular ones.
More information.

...diverse gender system...
might cancel pledge

+1 paisley shirt of befuddlement

Upgrade with lasers and reflective tape. ;)

What does a diverse gender system even mean?? Are we going to see genders besides male and female in human beings??

P.S. That shirt!!!

Looks good but please shrink that sword. Well, maybe if a Giant race is available

What does a diverse gender system even mean?? Are we going to see genders besides male and female in human beings??

P.S. That shirt!!!

I doubt that is what he meant. English is not his first language and I think he means in the context of adding particular female and male feelie things to the character system in terms of animations and character backgrounds and customisation or things like that.

That shirt has Hawaiian all over it, perfect for eating messy food with.

Looks good but please shrink that sword. Well, maybe if a Giant race is available

Agreed! This sort of sword belongs in Final Fantasy 7.

I think he is talking about the ability to create different builds, for example, like built/very masculine females or skinny/feminine males if player wishes to build one.

I think he is talking about the ability to create different builds, for example, like built/very masculine females or skinny/feminine males if player wishes to build one.

Thats a pretty cool level of customisation. I always wanted to be able to change the weight and height of my toons in baldurs gate. My main character in nwn was a grey haired older experienced fighter with a pot belly. After all the premise was that they were recruiting the best of the best. Everyone kept referring to him as a fresh faced newbie which kind of ruined it for me through.

Each update just make me want to play this game more and more :D

Just the ruleset alone makes this game automatically better than PoE/Tranny/Numanuma.
:)

I suspect that'll lead to much better combat and actually fun character building.

I think they will get their half million but it seems they are not going to get much more than that.

I still haven't pledged but more than likely to do so simply because I am like the rule system.

Looking closer at the art style, I'm not seing the issue, really. What's the problem?

Looking closer at the art style, I'm not seing the issue, really. What's the problem?
If you're talking about his shirt, I think it's not colorful enough. ;)

Besides that my only complaint is Amiri's huge sword. That gives me JRPG vibes I really dislike.

I think they will get their half million but it seems they are not going to get much more than that.
Usually there will be a significant increase of pledges at the end of the campaign. I think they'll finish with ~$650-700k.

Oh, it's the exaggeration?

I think it's within the realm of the reasonable. I do prefer a more plausible style - but it's harder to pull off well, I find.

Also, you run the risk of having a sort of dreary and drab game.

Dragon Age Origins is a good example of a more realistic art style that really didn't do much for the game, in my opinion.

If you're talking about his shirt, I think it's not colorful enough. ;)

Besides that my only complaint is Amiri's huge sword. That gives me JRPG vibes I really dislike.
Carrying Giant Swords have been around in D&D before Pathfinder existed. You get a feat that lets you use one size larger weapons but with an attack penalty.
She uses two hands to wield it. JRPG vibe would be her using one hand to use it.

I also think the 2H sword look little too big but not a big deal for me :)

Back
Top Bottom