Gothic 3 Gothic 3 wont play at all

lottiedog

Traveler
Help! I have a new computer and it wont play my old gothic 3. I have the original game from before vista etc. The game gives an error message 557? and a pop-up tells me to run support/driver setup from cd, I've tried that but it wont run.
I have intel 2 quad core 2.33 ghz cpu, 6 gb ddr2 ram, nvidia geforce 9500gt 1 gb ddr, onboard audio codec, big hard drive etc. Does this mean that my game will not run on my new computer or can I download patches etc. to fix this? Any help appreciated.

Hoo boy, can you *ever.*

[ http://www.g3cpt.eu/download/2 ]

If you're still playing the bug-ridden, stuttery, crazily-unbalanced, memory-leaking POS excuse of a game that it was when it came out, you're in for a real treat. The Community Patch 1.7 finally brings out the great game that was lurking somewhere in there all along, and returns Gothic 3 to its roots too (translation: don't go picking fights with shadow beasts until you've buffed up a bit.)

Oh, and -- welcome to the forums. I hope you like it here: if you're a Gothic fan, the odds are that you're among friends. Of a sort, anyway. ;)

Yes, try it with the Community Patch. If it still doesn't run something is wrong.

You bought a new computer with a nvidia geforce 9500gt ?!
That's an office card. Whoever sold you that thinks you are stupid. I don't know about your financial situation. Replacing it with a 100$ card should give your PC a serious boost, though. As it is now the graphics card is a major bottleneck.

Back
Top Bottom