Next assassin's creed is - RPG?!

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Next Assassin's Creed game will be action RPG says Ubisoft.
It's called AC:Identity and while mentioning RPG in that franchise is rediculous by itself, what's idiotic even more is that it's - a phonegame.
http://www.vg247.com/2016/02/01/assassins-creed-identity-announced-for-ios/

Assassin’s Creed Identity is an action RPG set in the Italian Renaissance that allows you to create and customise your own assassin.

If this looks like your cup of tea, you’ll need iOS 7. The oldest models of phone and tablet that the game is compatible with are the iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

After all these years… Will we ever see any statement from Ubi that respects the audience?

In all it's misery, there is a thing Ubi did that feels actually positive. Instead of mocking gamers, this one is aimed against noone else but: EA!
Electronic Arts files for "Ghost" trademark, but Ubisoft says no
A small thing and pretty irrelevant seemingly, but this is a proper thing to do. Stop messing fans around, go fight those of your own size.

This is getting boring already, and it's only just started.

no, yes, no. :evilgrin:

I guess they want to dissolve all RPG communities altogether ?
By claiming that everything can be or is an RPG ?

If we're lucky, EA and Ubisoft will kill each other and Larian will come out on top. ;)

I guess they want to dissolve all RPG communities altogether ?
By claiming that everything can be or is an RPG ?

They aren't trying to dissolve communities. Marketing a game has a RPG is the new fad to make money in the gaming industry. It became endemic when Skyrim got 20+ millions sales...

That just mean they are desperate to grow their stagnating franchise playerbase...

Well, the latest AC game, Syndicate, already introduced rpg mechanics such as xp, character level and skill trees. It actually worked surprisingly well (all IMHO of course) and made the grindy aspects of the franchise feel more worth it. Seems like a logical step to that that further. Hopefully it won't be iOS only...that would suck..

Making everything RPG.

Technically, Ubisoft is late to the party. Everyone already switched toward open world survival games.

I'm calling it now, The Elder Scrolls: Hammerfell is going about trying to survive in the Alik'r Desert running away from assassin beetles and giant scorpions.

Technically, Ubisoft is late to the party. Everyone already switched toward open world survival games.

I'm calling it now, The Elder Scrolls: Hammerfell is going about trying to survive in the Alik'r Desert running away from assassin beetles and giant scorpions.

Don't forget to keep your settlers' happinness in check, as those beetles and scorpions are attacking your settlements. :p

I'll make a Pong game where every time you score, your bar expands one pixel (you leveled up). I'll call it Pong RPG.

I'll make a Pong game where every time you score, your bar expands one pixel (you leveled up). I'll call it Pong RPG.

Include multiple colors of bars to choose from and you can call it the greatest interracial inclusive RPG game ever.

Just have two bars stick together and you even have romance!

Just have two bars stick together and you even have romance!

Add a bit of context for each pong matches and you can even say you have a story. Make sure it is about saving the Universe/World for extra gritty points.

Then comes the sequel, Pong RPG 2 "Darker, grittier, and with an epic story".

Hey, if that Pong game doesn't require Origin or Ubijunk, I might give it a shot! =p

GOG Galaxy, Glyph, Arc, Battle.Net or Steam is fine?

You could change the blocks to wizards hats and change the ball into a fireball and people wouldn't even take the piss.

Google pong the rpg.

Back
Top Bottom