Shroud of the Avatar - Set to Launch March 27 2018

I just found this that someone put together of some stalking I got from a weirdo:

https://imgur.com/I5dahcM

Ehtrn9S.jpg

wtf. Thats fairly messed up.

I love how that forum paints every Renaissance Faire dressup participant as some loosely unhinged social nightmare. Pity the normal ones stuck in that and guilty by association.

On an unrelated note : Ars Technica just did an article on Garriot. More rehashing of the same stories about glory days 30 years ago. The take-away for me was : They didn't mention any of his failed products or even Shroud once. Just a history lesson again. Guy is so not relevant its ridiculous.

Yes, even better I sent this to portalarium as he is a regular poster there and they said they didn't have control with what he did elsewhere.

There are some seriously messed up individuals involved with this game. Like a whole other level of crazy that I just don't want to deal with. There were even more posts by that guy saying he was watching my house and knows what school my kids went to. A valued poster on their main boards, big backer.

I just found this that someone put together of some stalking I got from a weirdo:

https://imgur.com/I5dahcM

Yikes - what an idiot. My guess is the banhammer worked so he had no where else to go troll you.

Bit of an honor though to get mentioned in a third part place like that.

Yikes - what an idiot. My guess is the banhammer worked so he had no where else to go troll you.

Bit of an honor though to get mentioned in a third part place like that.

The guy literally has like 10 alts on there....I think he has threatened a few others, mostly with physical violence and hacking. Not a great community that this game brings together.

I love SotA. I've been playing since R49 came out. I think that anyone who knocks it probably has less than 40 hours played.

I love SotA. I've been playing since R49 came out. I think that anyone who knocks it probably has less than 40 hours played.

I'm betting anyone that knocks LSD or meth probably has used it less than 40 hours as well.

So, I went back to play this for a bit....here are my original thoughts...bare with me I was putting points down as I played:
o, contrary to what someone will tell you I have played the game...

Here are some thoughts as I started a new character: Isles of storm looks much better, much more polished. Makes me want to try the game, text is still hard to read in that window....the window has no feel at all, it feels so mechanical and out of place.

-Got my sword and snapped my fingers to put out a lamp...what?

-world can be dark, to dark in places in daylight.

Boxes still explode:)

dead guys only carry small items...why can't I take their armor? They seem to carry some really random things like fish and logs.

-Animation for looting the dead is better.

-spice jar b and spice bar c in a building...great description.

-snap my fingers and a fire is lit.

-Teleporting ladders is still here.

I'm scavenging around the guy at the gate....will write more soon.

Children of Tracy.....I wonder if that is a easter egg.

door in the keep opens to a....dead end?
Solve a quest, knight dies with a discription that stares ahead with no life and animation still has her alive.

-samuel moved all by himself to around the burning bridge...acted as if everything was normal.

-The bard grabs control every time I walk by him.

-open the gate and attacked right away, combat does feel better...not much but better.

-weird I seem to be able to reuse an ability before it is ready again.

-this may seem small but one of the things I liked about ultima was firing a canon when I found one...saw an arbelist....does nothing.

-Small note....you shouldn't be told you updated your journal about something until after you read it, it is in reverse order.

So, thought I would play again a bit today.

Load times...wow, on startup still takes to long.

Why can I spam my one sword skill in combat til the bad guys die?

Why does some scavenging happen right away others take longer?

The planet seems to be getting bombarded with asteroids...

directions for quests are not clear...makes it harder then it needs to be.

I have not yet in a hour of playing come close to dying.

I don't get the leveling up of skills....my thrust is level 35 and seems to go up a level every combat.

-Mining is like field dressing....sometimes it happens instantly others it takes time....why?

weird mine entrance you would have no idea it was there.

Why can't I pick mushrooms I see?

Sacks in mine...empty why bother.

OOOOH a chest....empty....why?

Oh a giant crystal I can mine? No wait it's a guardian...? What? It's obvious because it selects different...shouldn't do this. And you can't do it in combat but mining you can.

Went back to same chest now full...wtf? This makes zero sense. What's stopping me from letting this respawn over and over?

Did I mention how bad the map is?

Very bad textures at long distance...blurry.

went to open the palisade and my guy attacks it? What?

Trainer is spinning in spot every few seconds....pivoting on a point on the ground.

It is very weird to have the chat window say the same thing as white text in front of me....chose one or the other.

I select buy on the blacksmith and he tells me he is off duty even though he is at the smithy.

Why when making ingots you use up the mold and coal? seems like a gold sink.

Conversations are clunky at best....say you are buying something...you finish buying then you have to say goodbye...instead of completing the transaction.

The weird sieing by NPC's...sounds like I am watching something....heh.

Some containers can be opened in combat mode some cannot...doesn't make sense.

Went to loot a corpse and it said someone else was looting it...no one else was there, tried again looted.

All monsters don't challenge me at all? They are way to easy.

highvale guards are doing some weird cleaning up at the farm house....killing everything and being all gittery and moaning.

I can just stay at the farm house and let the guards kill everything and collect unlimited gold.....why?

There was a mirror in the building but it didn't recognize me...no idea why.

got bored of this and decided to quit....maybe play more later.

Ok, I took another look at the most recent build. I will have to admit that it doesn't look COMPLETELY terrible. Maybe enough that I would pick it up and try again. I don't know if I could commit to that though. And there's still a large amount of polish needed. Some areas look great while being a complete mess at the same time.

Can it be played as a single player game? Is there a plot and side quests?

Can it be played as a single player game? Is there a plot and side quests?

Yes. Unfortunately its the same way World of Warcraft could be played as a single player game. Your choices have no effect on the world. Everyone has to kill 10 goblins to find the key to the chest in the tower. When I log in to see changes every couple of patches most areas are a deserted, and ita highly instances with tiny areas, so its like single player in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom