Thea 2: The Shattering - Progress Report & Release Dates

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update for Thea 2: The Shattering announces Steam early access release for November 2018.

Progress report and release dates

Where are we at with release dates.

We’ve been having a lot of team meetings and progress reviews (sounds all formal, but we’ve just been assessing realistic goals and targets that still need hitting) and we have a few announcements to make this month.

So firstly, as you know, our policy has always been to only release our game into early access once it is feature complete and fully playable. Not only do you not get a second chance at a first impression, but more importantly, we’d hate for our fans to pay for something they cannot fully enjoy yet.

With that in mind, we set the date for the Steam early access release for November 2018. We then hope to fully release the game in the first quarter of 2019.

But, because we hate moving dates and we are aware you’ve been waiting patiently for a good while already, we plan to have a playable beta/demo version ready in September and available for our Kickstarter backers to test (that will be everyone who pledged £15 or more). The plan is to have a beta available on steam, but if for any reason this fails, we will prep a demo build for you to enjoy.

Rewards and other news.

We are also hoping to show the game at Gamescom this summer, and if that happens, I will make another one of those great play-through vids for you 😉 As for other rewards, we’ve been putting everything together as we go along, but truth be told, we have been focused on getting the game into early access first, and then we can get onto the rewards and have it ready for you for the full release (or before, if things go smoothly).

And we're working through a final batch (I hope it is final this time ;) ) of portraits and characters, so look out for those in the coming weeks.

And now, before we leave, here’s a look at one of our artists hard at work on one of the backer characters. Enjoy!

All the best,

MuHa Team
More information.

I've heard good things about the first Thea game, but I've also heard there is some city building features in it that may not be my cuppa. One of these days I will grab it and find out for myself.

In Thea 1 there really isn't much city building - but you can collect resources to make items. I liked 1 quite a bit - it filled in the extra hours at work between projects but been there done that and after getting all the achievements no desire to go back (lots of free time between projects). This one is suppose to be more complex and i backed it on kickstarter. Also these guy provided great support in many ways so the game wasn't the most complex but it was a lot of fun and they seem to be a good crew.

I enjoyed the first game... felt a bit like a light 4x with a bit of roleplaying, but I didn't feel compelled to go back to it after a complete play through. Definitely worth trying.

Well, those comments only make me more intrigued, I'll just have to grab it next time I make a list of items to purchase via great old games. Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.

We’ve been having a lot of team meetings

Uh. Yeah. Can't have too few of those.

Anyways, cool. The first was promising, hope this is even better.

I have mixed feelings about the first Thea. It has some intresting mechanics and loreYet for some reason I rarely get to finish a game. It's too little focus on city building for my taste; the AI is useless; the UI needs improvement. Combat system: I don't usually like cards battling, but Thea's was easy enough to grasp.
I'll definetly watch for this second installment. I'm sure they will improve the formula.

the AI is useless;

It got downgraded.

The product started as a game based on survival (meaning that the environment was not meant to support players' desire to grow) and built like a rogue like (meaning that any run could end anytime)

The AI worked purposedly and on the higher difficulties, the environment could be described as hostile.

The product also is multi layered and relying on procedural generations. Which means that routines, favourite planning courses etc did not work. Players had to analyze the surroundings, decide a course of action etc

There was tension as the balance between reward and risk was sharp. And risking was necessary to survival.
Entire parties could be wiped out in a trice and a well engaged run vaporized.

Players did not like the tension and the AI was downgraded to remove any kind of tension.

Back
Top Bottom