Cyberpunk 2077 - AI/Physics Greatly Improved After 1.5

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Wccf Tech mentioned videos showing the improvements brought by patch 1.5 to the AI and physics, it's not glitch-free though.

Cyberpunk 2077 AI and Physics Comparison Videos Highlights Massive Improvements Over Launch Version

New Cyberpunk 2077 comparison videos that have been shared online highlight the massive improvements made to AI and physics introduced in the 1.5 patch.

The videos, which have been put together by Bear Gaming Asia, highlight how NPCs reactions, in particular, have been improved a lot in the latest update. Things still are not perfect, but it's undeniable that the new patch is a step in the right direction.

Cyberpunk 2077 1.5 patch, which went live earlier this week, also marked the game's debut on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series. New content has also been added, such as new rentable apartments, appearance customization, and much more. [...]
More information.

It's been for a while, imo. Completed the game a couple of weeks ago and I encountered very few bugs and glitches. Nothing too distracting.

Looking forward to buying and playing this... though probably not until next year. It's nice to have a big queue of other games to play while waiting for others to get smoothed out post launch, even if it takes a couple years. =)

Looking forward to play it finally. Bought it when it came out, might now be finally ready to play. Not sure, though, perhaps I should wait for another patch or two? Hm...

Looking forward to play it finally. Bought it when it came out, might now be finally ready to play. Not sure, though, perhaps I should wait for another patch or two? Hm...

Imo, there's no reason to wait any longer. I don't see them releasing another patch this size. I could be wrong, but I think we'll be seeing mostly hotfixes from this point on.

Seems like a "Director's Cut" game to wait for, kinda like Wasteland 2. Anyone picking up WL2 on release was gonna have a different opinion of the game than anyone who waited for the DC version with fixes, DLC, etc.

So it can sit in my library for another year or so and I'll look forward to playing the finished game sometime in 2023. Kind of like what I decided to do with Wrath of the Righteous. It's not that they aren't good games now, but I know they aren't finished, either.

Guess my three play-troughs completing the game and getting all three endings mean the game is unfinished. Yes I went there and I'm not sorry my fellow watchers.:p

Seems like a "Director's Cut" game to wait for, kinda like Wasteland 2. Anyone picking up WL2 on release was gonna have a different opinion of the game than anyone who waited for the DC version with fixes, DLC, etc.

Interesting choice. Wasteland 2 has no DLC, for one. And for me personally I liked the game slightly better in its original form. The voice acting they added was often terrible.

It's getting to be that it sounds like bragging around here with every game.

"I'm going to wait a year."
"Oh yeah, well I'm going to wait as long as it takes for there to be no more patches."
"I'm going to wait for all the patches and all the DLC."
"I'm going to wait for all the patches, all the DLC, and for the legendary edition to be on sale for $9.99"

Buy games when you feel like it. I don't really care. But hearing about people's experiences with games is a lot more interesting than hearing everyone's reasons for not playing.

Imo, there's no reason to wait any longer. I don't see them releasing another patch this size. I could be wrong, but I think we'll be seeing mostly hotfixes from this point on.

Given CD Projekt's track record and looking at how they ruined a reputation that took many years to build, I expect a lot more is to come. The game has not even officially received the Enhanced Edition/Definitive Edition, Director's Cut or Game of the Year treatment yet (including a renaming to one of the above).

Cyberpunk is a franchise that they want to work on again for many years to come according to their own documents.

I'm sure that they are working on a pretty huge "surprise" complete overhaul (Enhanced Edition kind of stuff when compared to TW1 and TW2) that is supposed to truly make this game great.

I believe that CD Projekt is going to really want to make up for the release debacle. I wouldn't be surprised if the first major content DLC will even be free at least for a limited time or something like that.

Given the track record of the Witcher games (TW3 received over 20 patches including the GOTY treatment), it would be pretty strange and disappointing if they would just leave it at what they have done so far.

I want to play Cyberpunk 2077 very much, hell, for a long time now, but unfortunately it won't run on my freakin' computer. And yea, I downloaded the latest patch, but no joy when I tried to load it, it just won't even load, I guess because my computer is below the minimum required specs for the game to run.

Yes, I need a new computer, but you know how that is, with prices being too high for certain graphic cards and I don't want to be ripped off by buying a new gaming laptop at the wrong time. (the gaming laptop category is one they can rip people off more easily)

I'm hoping the general computer/tech prices will go down and the supply problems will get resolved later this year. So then I can buy a new gaming laptop and finally get to play Cyberpunk 2077 (which I actually bought a long time ago, and never have got a chance to play it yet -- *grumble*)

I'm surprised at how many have the patience to not play now in favor of waiting for the ultimate version years later. How many played Witcher 3 close to release after a few patches, and then played it again years later fully patched with DLC?

For Cyberpunk, I waited a few months after release and enjoyed many hours of play without any glaring issues. Having said that (and having taken a long break from the game), the 1.5 patch certainly improves the crowd reactivity, and now even individuals won't just put up with you invading their personal space for long, but the driving mechanics don't seem a whole lot better.

I'm surprised at how many have the patience to not play now in favor of waiting for the ultimate version years later. How many played Witcher 3 close to release after a few patches, and then played it again years later fully patched with DLC?
I finished Witcher III over six times. Twice when it was released with a few patches, once with more patches and all free DLC, and the rest with the GOTY version.

Given CD Projekt's track record and looking at how they ruined a reputation that took many years to build, I expect a lot more is to come. The game has not even officially received the Enhanced Edition/Definitive Edition, Director's Cut or Game of the Year treatment yet (including a renaming to one of the above).

Cyberpunk is a franchise that they want to work on again for many years to come according to their own documents.

I'm sure that they are working on a pretty huge "surprise" complete overhaul (Enhanced Edition kind of stuff when compared to TW1 and TW2) that is supposed to truly make this game great.

I believe that CD Projekt is going to really want to make up for the release debacle. I wouldn't be surprised if the first major content DLC will even be free at least for a limited time or something like that.

Given the track record of the Witcher games (TW3 received over 20 patches including the GOTY treatment), it would be pretty strange and disappointing if they would just leave it at what they have done so far.

I didn't say they won't continue to work on it or that there won't be new content. I just don't expect another patch the size of 1.5

He asked if the game was ready to play, and it absolutely is. In fact, I'd say it's been more or less ready to play since v1.1-1.2 assuming we're talking about the PC version and you have a decent system.

I've no doubt they'll eventually release multiple DLC, but I don't see that happening anytime soon, nor is it a good reason to wait if someone wants to play the game.

As for a GotY edition or something like that, I'm sure that's inevitable as well. It's not going to be some massive overhaul in this case though. It'll be like TW3 where it's a cumulation of all the previous updates and DLC.

I want to play Cyberpunk 2077 very much, hell, for a long time now, but unfortunately it won't run on my freakin' computer. And yea, I downloaded the latest patch, but no joy when I tried to load it, it just won't even load, I guess because my computer is below the minimum required specs for the game to run.

Yes, I need a new computer, but you know how that is, with prices being too high for certain graphic cards and I don't want to be ripped off by buying a new gaming laptop at the wrong time. (the gaming laptop category is one they can rip people off more easily)

I'm hoping the general computer/tech prices will go down and the supply problems will get resolved later this year. So then I can buy a new gaming laptop and finally get to play Cyberpunk 2077 (which I actually bought a long time ago, and never have got a chance to play it yet -- *grumble*)

try it on geforce now

The game world had empty zones all over the place all empty at release clearly game was still in development and i bet they are still empty. You could see it's their first openworld game and way to big for them. THe amount of stuff i climbed with nothing but bad geometry and textures to show for it…
SO i just refunded cos no way i'm playing that. Didn't even see the main story playout and that was on pc.
Few water effects wont get me back, probably nothing will.

They should go play red dead redemption 2 for a month or two and see how you do openworld as base standard and you got to improve on that if you want my money.

We have a saying: Donkey only goes once on the ice… And this donkey hates this ice sorry cd red maybe if you ever make party based rpg…

Back
Top Bottom