Warcraft and StarCraf Veterns New Game Stormgate

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Warcraft & StarCraft Veterans New Game Stormgate

Frost giant Studios announces Stormgate an upcoming real-time strategy game, Whats interesting ois the development team is made of Ex-Warcraft and StarCraft veterans.

Stormgate is an upcoming free-to-play real-time strategy game developed by Frost Giant Studios. Founded by veterans of the Warcraft and StarCraft franchises, Frost Giant is on a mission to build the next great RTS.
Geoff Keighley interviews Tim Morten about Stormgate at Sumer Game Fest 2022.
Only downside it's free-to-play.:(

Last edited:
Yeah it's bullshit as developers feel like this genre needs to be F2P. I remember EA trying to make Command and Conquer F2P, and in the end the game was cancelled.

I didn't care much for the last Warcraft and StarCraft titles anyways. I loved WC 1&2 and the original StarCraft back in the day, but WC 3 and SC 2 didn't have the same magic for me.

I really have no idea why they even bothered showing up to this show, since they didn't have anything to show. Just some very work-in-progress screenshots.

And it being f2p certainly doesn't help. But I guess it's for an entirely different audience than me. People that like competitive rts might like it, when they actually have something to show.

But it does beg the question, how are they going to monetise it if it's f2p. Different skins to units? Won't that interfere with the competitive aspect of it? Anyway, I don't really care much beyond that.

Stormgate trailer and developer interview (PC Gaming Show 2022)

A detailed insight from the developers containing everything you need to know about STORMGATE!

Back
Top Bottom