Homeworld 3 will launch in 2024

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gearbox announced today at The Game Awards that Home-world 3 will launch on the PC in the fourth quarter of 2022. Here is the trailer released today also.

Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control of Fleet Command and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.Tactical, beautiful, and wholly unique, the GOTY-winning sci-fi RTS returns with Homeworld 3. Assume control of Fleet Command and battle through fleet combat in dazzling, fully 3D space while the award-winning story unfolds on a galactic scale.

Last edited:
Nice! I really liked Homeworld 1 (never got around to 2), and it seems like they at least got the feel down for number 3. Consider me interested.

Yes, HW1 was a masterpiece. Never fully reached afterwards.

With the fun game of Disney's "Treasure Planet" RTS as an rather impossible to think of fruit of that ... It's basically the same engine, only not with 3D fighting, but on a 2D map.

Well it's been a while since I posted but here you go.

Homeworld 3 delayed to first half of 2023

Gearbox Publishing and developer Blackbird Interactive announced Homeworld 3 has been delayed from Q4 2022 to the first half of 2023. The game is in development for PC via Steam and Epic Games Store.

"We are moving the launch of Homeworld 3 into the first half of 2023," reads a tweet from the official Homeworld Twitter account

"Delivering Homeworld 3 at the highest quality is the top priority for Gearbox Publishing and Blackbird Interactive because we recognize the special place this series holds in the hearts of players. This passion from players fuels the work and the additional time will allow us to make good on our commitment to quality in a healthy and sustainable way for all those involved.

"Blackbird Interactive is building the Homeworld game that players have always dreamed of and we are excited to share the deepest look yet at Homeworld 3 during Gamescom later this summer.

"We thank you all for your continued support."

Last edited:
At the time of the old post no, but hey hindsight is 50/50.:lol:

True I'm still bummed out over the Starfield delay to 2023. Though we have the Microsoft Showcase next week. So other RPGs might still get a 2022 or early 2023 release.

At least Marvel's Midnight Suns in October.:(

I am disappointed :lol: I was expecting you, the computer RPG guru, to come up with a long list of games that actually were released when they initially promised. Is it true that there are none?

I am disappointed :lol: I was expecting you, the computer RPG guru, to come up with a long list of games that actually were released when they initially promised. Is it true that there are none?
If were talking about big budget RPG's releasing this year the forecast is very dim I'm afraid to say. Though if you enjoy indies and budget games it looks very bright.

Link - https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/10658-the-rpgs-of-2022-every-rpg-and-their-release-dates

Seems a lot of good games are being delayed to next year.

Homeworld 3: What’s New in the Upcoming RTS Sequel

As part of Opening Night Live and gamescom 2022, we sat down with co-founder of Blackbird Interactive, Rob Cunningham, to chat about Homeworld 3, the upcoming sequel to the iconic real-time strategy game series. Homeworld 3 picks up 100 years after the events in Homeworld 2, and players should expect the staples of the previous games’ fleet combat, but new to the franchise will be terrain-based gameplay, new characters, and so much more.

Nearly a year? I'm getting a baaaad feeling about this...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmQ56YpYaAA
Roguelike inspiration meets Real-Time Strategy in Homeworld 3’s new co-op mode, War Games. Commanders will need to manage fleet strength across waves of enemies and claim powerful artifacts that augment ships with each completed objective. Based on the results, players will unlock additional artifacts and starting fleets that keep the challenge fresh.

Back
Top Bottom