Sacred 3 - Release Date Announced

Frankly, I've always found the Sacred games to be clunky and kinda wasted opportunities that didn't quite work.

So, for me, the worst that can happen is that it's more of the same.

I couldn't agree more.

Sacred 1 had a lot of shortcomings but was entertaining enough to get me interested in the potential of Sacred 2. Then Sacred 2 turned out just horrible with the worst monster scaling system in the history of games. The best builds in sacred 2 didn't even assign their skill points or they'd only become weaker!

So, here we are again..... I like action RPGS, I like co-op, naturally I'm intrigued once more by the series potential. I'll keep an eye on it, but it's gonna have to impress me a lot to earn a buy this time.

Sacred 1 had a lot of shortcomings but was entertaining enough to get me interested in the potential of Sacred 2. Then Sacred 2 turned out just horrible with the worst monster scaling system in the history of games. The best builds in sacred 2 didn't even assign their skill points or they'd only become weaker!

Yeah, I had much the same experience. I kinda liked Sacred and played it a bit with my ex (we were both huge Diablo fans) - and we somewhat enjoyed it. But it turned out to be mostly empty in terms of unique content - and the "combo" system didn't work very well. All your combinations seemed to stagnate because of animation delays and what not. Just not a very well thought out system.

Beyond that, I seem to remember rather bland itemization and severe stuttering when on horseback.

That said, like you, I considered it a decent first effort - and I was quite looking forward to Sacred 2 because of that.

We both know how that turned out :(

Last edited:
I am hearing thru the grapevine that Sacred 3 will be much changed from the old formula. No more go anywhere any time to a more straight path with completely pre-defined characters. Kind of like Dungeon Siege 3 did. Makes me want to take it off my wish list. Here is a little blurb over at the dark matters site

Sacred 1 was a favorite of mine and recently I picked up the Gold Edition of Sacred 2 but haven't had time to get to it yet.

But if they butcher the series the way Dungeon Siege 3 was butchered compared to DS2, it's off my wish list as well.

Here I was hoping Deep Silver would get their shit together and throw us PB fans some bones.

Fluent's youtube Scared 1 let's play, really had a horrendous amount of monster respawn and awful level scaling on top of it. Is there a way to turn both off? Is it a viable way to play?

Here I was hoping Deep Silver would get their shit together and throw us PB fans some bones.

Here's your bone:
Risen and Risen 2 will be released DRM-free on GOG.

Awsome news! If you're not joking.
I do have both elsewhere, but won't mind a DRMfree backup when it goes on sale.

It's confirmed.

Fluent's youtube Scared 1 let's play, really had a horrendous amount of monster respawn and awful level scaling on top of it. Is there a way to turn both off? Is it a viable way to play?

Yeah. That's honestly why I quit that one early. The respawns and scaling were horrible, agreed.

Sacred 2 does the same thing, but for some reason I was able to ignore it more in that game. Maybe because I was playing couch co-op the whole time.

No open world? No LAN ? Pray for forgiveness deepsilver .

Yes you have to kill endless hordes of enemies but all characters and almost all builds are OP
look for example this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6JvkUbXOi4

All 6 characters are far from optimal and 4 of them fell into "don't do it" category.

Back
Top Bottom