THQ Nordic - Countdown to Reveal

If I may be so kind to ask what is the basis for this prediction ?

They are using a gothic style font called oswald which I found reference to in the source code. The fig stuff I am speculating on probably incorrectly. This will probably go straight to steam, maybe early access.

Another Gothic would be awesome...

Do not want Game of Thrones crap.

They are using a gothic style font called oswald which I found reference to in the source code. The fig stuff I am speculating on probably incorrectly. This will probably go straight to steam, maybe early access.

Only issue with saying Gothic is that PB owns the rights to that not THQ Nordic - which is why ArcaniA had to drop the name Gothic 4.

More interesting is the idea of an Elex sequel there called that - it would make sense with Elex the element in Elex making things cold and wintery there and it is a spiritual descendant of Gothic and published by THQ Nordic.

Other people think Red faction.

It better not be GoT related.

It better not be either of those. :)

Only issue with saying Gothic is that PB owns the rights to that not THQ Nordic - which is why ArcaniA had to drop the name Gothic 4.

More interesting is the idea of an Elex sequel there called that - it would make sense with Elex the element in Elex making things cold and wintery there and it is a spiritual descendant of Gothic and published by THQ Nordic.

Seeing as how PB went with THQ as their publisher for Elex, it wouldn't be surprising if they partnered with them for other titles. I think it's highly unlikely that they're going back to Gothic though.

I had the same thought about the connection between cold and Elex, but it seems far too soon to announcing Elex 2.

Nordic becomes one of my favourite publishers fast with the release of Dwarves, Elex, Spellforce 3 and a new, surprise Titan Quest expansion this year. Also there is the announcement of Darksiders 3 and Biomutant. I hope this announcement will be Arx Fatalis 2. I remember that the sun died and there is eternal winter in Arx's world. So maybe it is a possibility.

Forgot about Arx!
I actually loved that game.
Arx 2 would be awesome.

Does Arkane Studios still own the Arx brand? If so then I think it would be unlikely that Bethesda would let them develop a game for THQ Nordic, no?

Ah, yes, the unannounced Black Forest open world game. Not entirely unexpected given the fact that THQ Nordic acquired Black Forest a while ago :) .

Splattercatgaming mentioned a while back that he was working with a big publisher on a "secret unannounced game" that would release without being announced before.
This is probably it, since THQ Nordic is very friendly with YouTubers.

He said he was very excited, but I didn't get a "I'm excited because I like the original Fallout games" vibe from him, so I doubt this is anything from Obsidian.

@Morbus;: Check the link in porcozaur's post above. This has been confirmed to be Black Forest's (no longer ;) ) unannounced open world game which they have hinted at being in development in the past few months.

Anything about a story?

Back
Top Bottom