South Park RPG - Won't Ship Until It's "Perfect"

I seem to recall JoWood saying something similar about Gothic 3, so..

Anyway, this is a "wait and see" title for me.

Not a project I am personally interested in, but I do hope it carries Obsidian through the rough patch they currently seem to be going through.

That's my take on it too, GBG. I want Obsidian to succeed, but have no interest in this game. If it allows Chris and Fear Us :), to make more games then all is cool.

Isn't that what they said about Duke Nukem Forever? Honestly, I can probably wait 15 years for this, and I'd even be totally cool if it never releases.

At the expense of of making myself cannon fodder for the exact attitude that Trey and Matt will be targeting for satire, here's my take on some things that I think we can reasonably expect from the South Park RPG:

Loads of humor -- written by Matt and Trey.
Open and explorable South Park world
Limited C&C
-- it will primarily be a satire on games like the Final Fantasy series, but might also draw from other popular RPG series' like the Elder Scrolls. We know C&C is generally not the strongest elements of these games.
Decent length -- we might not get 50 hours worth, but I would imagine at least 20, considering they aim to satirize the "bombastic" nature of RPG's.

Back
Top Bottom