Gothic 3 Instant Night / Day

Shrapnel

Watcher
Hi I've got a strong machine (SLI (2) Nvidia 7800) (2BG Ram) so when I play Gothic its pretty smooth for the most part.
My problem is, everytime I load up a saved game, as soon as I start playing it switches from night and day like 2x/sec and the game itself is moving at a super fast pace. Everytime I save a game now, Im on like day 298, day 315 or something.
Anyone ever seen this before?
Is there a fix for this?
Is this from saving over old saves?
Do I have to restart from new?

I've read about this. It's a know bug, at any rate. I've never seen it, but I reckon it has something to do with SLI and/or dual core machines, yeah? Just a guess. Search a bit on the official forums, I'm sure there's something about it there.

Ah, why not. I had a quick look. Here ya go. :D

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?p=1863248#post1863248

I just find that day & night advance even when I pause the game (menu) for a while ...

I just find that day & night advance even when I pause the game (menu) for a while ...

Its a "little" bit strange, that the time is still running while you are in the menu...but the rest of the world is frozen....so be carefull if you are too long in the option-menu....the day will end fast :D

It is a known bug for dual core systems. A fix file is available, which works. There is a thread about this somewhere else in these G3 forums. I had the same problem initially, but it has never happened since using the dual core fix file!!

Ok a few minutes on Google and problem (seems) solved.
Now hopeully I can sink my teeth into this game
Thanks to all for the helpful replies.

Oh btw, the fix was right on the CD itself under a folder called Dual Processor, or something like that :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom