Legends of Dawn - More Details, Trilogy Planned

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameBanshee followed up with Dreamatrix about Legends of Dawn for more information after the release of last week's teaser trailer. Here's a snip from the response they received:
There will be top-down perspective camera in the game. It can be freely rotated around the main hero and you can zoom in and out. This is not a pure hack'n slash game, but [it has] a lot of similar elements. At this moment, we cannot afford an expensive production and fancy advertising, but the ideas within our work already distinguishes it from others significantly.

We are open and willing to try and include new ideas. We invite your readers to join our forum to present and discuss their ideas and whatever they would like to see us include in the game. Legends Of Dawn will be a trilogy, the next two sequels are already in the works and it would be exciting to see some suggestions included in them to an extent.
More information.

Fancy advertising aside, they need to communicate the game better. From their website I had no idea what sort of game is was and, even now, those ideas that apparently "distinguishes it from others significantly" aren't obvious to me. Forget about worrying about games 2 and 3, focus on making this game successful and start with some better materials to communicate with the audience.

Dhruin, i was thinking thr same thing . Master the 1st game and build a fan base before planing the 3rd. Thanks for the update though. Looks good doesnt seem to be watered down and im interested in isometric open world , rotating camera RPGs.Seems like the game is almost finished.

I've asked on their forum (not the english section), and here's the list of some features, translated by me just a lil' bit different from gamebanshee's text:

…………….
There is a character generator with 3 races (Human, Elf, Danian) of both sexes. A player starts with 5 abilities (strength, dexterity, vitality, intelligence, charisma) and 7 resistances (cold, fire, electric, acid, poison, disease, magic). Add to that over 35 skills you develop during the gameplay. Skills provide different bonuses on attacking and defending but also affect other abilities like crafting.

With crafting it's possible to make hundreds of items with resources bought, looted, stolen, picked, mined, gathered in any way (plants, ore, metals, etc). Items can be normal, magical or specially crafted and each has it's own set of bonuses. For items that appear unidentified you need an oracle stone to find out it's bonuses.

In the game there are runes needed to crafting spells so players can craft their own set of spells – from simple healing ones to complex ones with area effect that will affect mobs differently (cold/fire damage, poisons etc.).
There are some item boxes/chests that are locked and you can open them only with a rune of unlocking.

Items can also be sacrificed to gods and get a certain blessing (Blessing of Parun/Svarog/Veles).

The engine works by streaming resources scheme which means models, materials shaders and textures getting loaded during the gameplay, so loading screen won't appear anywhere after you start the game.

The game takes place on one big map with several dungeons under it. Players will be able to visit towns, abandoned villages, castles, unexplored woods, mountains and many other different locations. Besides that there are over 20 different dungeons filled with traps, mobs and treasure.

The player will meet (and fight against) hunderds of different monsters and humaniod opponents. AI will behave differently depending on the terrain where the battle takes place. Every enemy has also a set of a few different attack schemes. And also, you'll meet one type of villains during the day and another during the night. All of them appear in groups and their attacks are complementary to nearby mobs (sorry for this sentence as the original one is not understanadable actually, perhaps we should wait for a fight video to see what exactly this means).

The game is not linear and you can choose which quest (of many) to follow first. Also you can explore the world by going in any direction you want without a fear you'll skip something.
…………………

That's about it, and of course it's not enough we need more details.
Thus I've also asked for an option to give an interview to rpgwatch if possible, so Dhruin, there will possibly be a job to do there, hehe. ;)

Last edited:
There is an english website for the game with a bit of lore and gameplay info too.

They have a gallery section on their website, but it doesn't contain even a single screenshot of the actual game. It's nice to hear descriptions of the gameplay, but how about letting us see it?

Is this an Action-RPG ?

Because apart from the fighting part, this sounds very interesting to me.

I also miss word on social interaction, e.g. with town inhabitants.

From what I understood checking the site, yes, it's an action RPG game, but I don't know if it'll be similar to Diablo or it'll be something else.
Let's wait and see...

Legends Of Dawn uses the streaming technology, providing an infinitely massive world in which all playing data and assets to be encountered along the adventure will be seamlessly loaded in background and no restrictions hurdle in the way.

Back
Top Bottom