Skyrim - Look at the size of that box!

Not really feeling the statue, which is PVC according to the article. Will be getting the PC regular edition for sure tho. Bring on the mods!

is this not just the window display? I see a lot of these big boxes when I walk by the local Gamestop these days.

Uh... no thanks.

I purchased the Collector's Editions of Morrowind and Oblivion, but I'm going to pass on this one. That thing is just silly..

I agree JDR. I loves me some Bethesda, but that collector's edition has "for morons only" printed all over it. However, I'll get in line for one of the full size statues :D PVC=fail, Bronze for the win!

It's funny how every single comment on that blog post is positive. Not one person gave the price a bad rap. Something looks fishy about that.

It's funny how every single comment on that blog post is positive. Not one person gave the price a bad rap. Something looks fishy about that.

I see one negative comment in there. With that being said I'm not surprised that there is little mention of the price because the blog post also does not mention the price.

*Alduin Statue. Created in conjunction with the IP Factory, this collector's only statue stands 12" tall and is made of high quality PVC. Modeled from actual in-game 3D digital files, it showcases Alduin, the World Eater.

*The Art of Skyrim' Official Art Book. Featuring over 200 pages of striking, full-color illustrations, sketches and models, this stunning 9 3/8" x 12 1/8" coffee table book showcases the characters, creatures, environments, and weaponry of Skyrim.

*The Making of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim' DVD. This documentary DVD contains exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage, including interviews with the Bethesda Game Studios team.

So, $100 extra for a forgettable plastic doorstop, art book, & DVD. Yeah right. Perhaps if it was $80 total - and, even at that price, I'd have reservations about spending so much money on extras to collect dust in the closet.

What publishers should start doing is releasing "plus" editions, costing only $5 more but having a robust manual. Now, *that* I would gladly pay a little extra for. It would also help with retail sales in the ongoing digital shift.

So, $100 extra for a forgettable plastic doorstop, art book, & DVD. Yeah right. Perhaps if it was $80 total - and, even at that price, I'd have reservations about spending so much money on extras to collect dust in the closet.

What publishers should start doing is releasing "plus" editions, costing only $5 more but having a robust manual. Now, *that* I would gladly pay a little extra for. It would also help with retail sales in the ongoing digital shift.

I agree. A good music CD would be nice, and a real manual, then 10-15 dollar above the regular price. Ok. But such super size editions... nah.

What's in that thing? A human head?

I think my sin is sloth...

How about a big fat manual, a nice paper map, and dont chop up the game and sell it as a bunch of DLC. Give me the whole game.

Remember when that's what we expected of the 'standard' edition?

Not interested at all especially at that crazy price.

I'm really only interested in the nice map and the art book but only if it were maybe 10 more than the regular edition.

Actually I would prefer another lore book like Oblivion's had. It was small but it had world back ground lore and I like that stuff much better than a HUGE box and a comic book store statue.

It's the official blog…wouldn't you expect many more fans than critics?

When they disclosed the price, there was quite a few negative comments on the blog. I guess the people that thought it too high, have already had their say.

200 pages art book ? This might be some real weight !

If it includes detail map like morrowind I might think about the CE version otherwise hell no!

This looks awfully unpractical, I wouldn't have the space to store something like that.

also... are these guys at Bethesda trying to compensate for something?

All right, I'm just not going to enter my birthday (or January 1, 1933) anymore to look at their websites. Screw it. Are they afraid a photograph of a cardboard box is going to assault a child or what?

Back
Top Bottom