RPGWatch Feature: Jay Barnson Interview

Plus, you'll often want to pause and search for hidden items both inside and outside, so you don't want to move too quickly, or you could miss stuff.

Just don't search too often if you're low on health or stamina. ;)

I was searching everywhere for this one item that kept eluding my grasp. I was up to my eighth random encounter while searching when I encountered a group of four really nasty specimens of monsterhood. They saw this battered and beleaguered party of adventures screaming to the heavens, "I WILL FIND IT OR DIE TRYING!!!!". Needless to say they took me up on that offer and promptly wasted them.

I could have held out against them if my party wasn't almost down to no stamina and little health. They gave it their best try, but never did find that loot (till after the reload ;))

BTW, if you're curious, it was totally worth searching for. Not some random piece of junk, but something worth the effort I put into it.

Random encounters have been toned down since then, but still I would be careful about hitting that search button too often.

I think the biggest thing to be careful of is "auto-heal." I put that in by popular demand, and I admit I use it more often than not. But it's not very smart and efficient, and when deep in a dungeon (especially the first one), it's much, MUCH safer to do the healing yourself. Auto-heal will take too many turns and waste too much endurance. Which means more fights, and even more exhaustion build-up.

I may add an extra confirmation inside the temple of Pokmor Xang if you choose to auto-heal.

Is there a "what's it about video" somewhere? I saw the humor and mostly discarded the game based on that. I thought it was going to be a parody of crpgs and that wouldn't work for me. It's kinda sounding like it might be a real game with just silly sounding dungeons, etc. I need to look at something to see if I can overlook the attempts at humor to get to the meaty parts. I'll check some of the links and see what I can learn.

Funny you should ask...

There's a trailer video that's getting a third pass tonight that should be coming out tomorrow or Thursday. Not quite the same as what you are asking for, but it should give you a good taste of things.

Unfortunately, I'm having problems with FRAPS crapping out on me after about 20 seconds of footage, which is limiting my video-footage gathering capabilities.

Sounds good. I'll be sure to look for it this weekend.

As soon as it's available, we'll post the news and a link here at the Watch.

The video has been posted and there's a news item with Link on our front news page. I'll throw in an extra link here. FK Trailer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom