Batman: Arkham Knight

Yup, it's live for a few weeks already:
http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds

Huh. For any reason. Within 14 days and less than two hours playtime. They're totally fine with you sampling a game for an hour and asking for a refund if you don't like the game. Huh. Well, I'll be. :end:

Although, what is abuse?

first paragraph said:
You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it.

It doesn't matter.

last paragraph said:
Abuse
Refunds are designed to remove the risk from purchasing titles on Steam—not as a way to get free games. If it appears to us that you are abusing refunds, we may stop offering them to you. We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

So, if you do it twenty times, does it become abuse? :)

I wish it existed when I bought insults like Neptunia.

OK well so they screwed up the PC port. But, hardly the end of the world, will just wait a bit to play it until they fix it. Seems like a pretty normal launch glitch - Would be great if everything went according to plan with PC games - but we know by now that it rarely does.

Wow that steam post is by a true moron. Just becasue the internets allow you to deliver an incomplete and broken product that you can try to patch up after launch doesn't mean you should... With that attitude, you'll eventually kill the market.

Exactly. But read the replies too, many, as it's IMO normal, disagree. Like this one:
So according to the OP, we should just sit down, shut up, and accept a broken game.

Yeah, how about no.

Exactly. But read the replies too, many, as it's IMO normal, disagree. Like this one:

What do you intend to do about it then? Jump up and down until they fix it?, attempt to create a coalition of gamers to stage a board room coup? Make your own game to show them how easy it is?

Me?
I just won't buy the game. Not now, not ever.
If for some reason I did go buy it, I'd now get a refund instantly.

I'll just wait until it's fixed and cheap. Too bad, as I was ready to support the devs with an earlier purchase. Lost dollars for them.

EDIT: Not my dollars only, but for all of us who won't buy it right away, now. Should be pretty obvious, but some need clarification, apparently. ;)

Last edited:
It always amuses me to read how people think they are sticking it to the man by not giving them any of their money. Take that! :)

I'm sure they're losing sales on PC for an inferior product on a grander scale, though. But one sale... it just looks funny. :)

Well some people are not amused and some are trying to "fix" the thing themselves.
The resistance is futile it seems, and this game should have been called malfunctioning Borg drone:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/594821545181593791/

pic.jpg

Yea, some patch happened, ppl are calling it day1 patch, details on it's size and what it fixes are here (please do read):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/594821545181511718/

It always amuses me to read how people think they are sticking it to the man by not giving them any of their money. Take that! :)

I'm sure they're losing sales on PC for an inferior product on a grander scale, though. But one sale… it just looks funny. :)

Do you think the grander scale is made up of robots or a collection of men with similar notions?

I don't really follow your logic here.

It's just the way people stomp their foot and go, "Well, they're not getting MY money!" as if their single purchase will make the developer/publisher see the error of their way. I know what they mean. :)

It's just the way people stomp their foot and go, "Well, they're not getting MY money!" as if their single purchase will make the developer/publisher see the error of their way. I know what they mean. :)

You mean you're imagining people stomping their foot.

In the real world, Thrasher simply said he was ready to support them, but won't do so now because of the port issues.

Makes sense to me, and I don't have to project anything on top of it.

I'm sure they're losing sales on PC for an inferior product on a grander scale, though. But one sale… it just looks funny. :)

You do know that that is how the market works, right? Piss off consumers, they hold back, demand falls, and sellers lose money. Next time around they have to work that much harder to convince buyers to purchase their next product. Hopefully it's work spent on creating a better product, rather than slick marketing. It's pretty basic, actually.

Unless you're a mindless robot consumer…

Such low aggregated number from users (2.1) even Unity, which was possibly the most broken and most insulting port ever, didn't receive.
Most broken? Ha! Go buy Saints Row 2 on Steam but don't use the massive mod to make it actually work.... IF YOU DARE! Muuuhahahahahahahaaa! I hope your CPU is clocked at exactly 3GHz!

P.S. And CDProjekt did the port!

You do know that that is how the market works, right? Piss off consumers, they hold back, demand falls, and sellers lose money. Next time around they have to work that much harder to convince buyers to purchase their next product. [...]

Unless you're a mindless robot consumer…

It's a little like voting. You think you're making a difference, but actually it's the 90% of mindless robot voters that are deciding the outcome. :)

Meanwhile GMG also basically confirms that this port is a disgrace:
http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-guidelines.html

We're aware that a number of users have been having issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight, and we're talking to Warner Bros who are resolved to address these concerns. You can find WB's official response to the issues here.

Warner Bros. are currently working on a patch which we are hoping will be released soon. We want you to enjoy your game, but if after the fix has been released, you still cannot play your game, we will process refund requests for the game.

Back
Top Bottom