Upcoming games that you're hyped for.

The story was overhauled in the previous big update they made.. It's not really a story focused game at all though, but i bet most people who have seen the game gets that..

I don't care for MP, but who knows, might be fun to stumble upon someone.

The biggest problem for me (after 30h) was that it lacked elements of surprise (loot, enemies - no human-like characters to fight!). Sure, Planets changes color schemes and some of the flora, new animals (some are.. interesting, most are not). I would have liked more quest types too (but at least it has quests, even if they are rather simple). Will be interesting to get back next week (if this heat goes away)..

I think the game is quite atmospheric and very "chill", i bet stoners love this game.

The story was overhauled in the previous big update they made.. It's not really a story focused game at all though, but i bet most people who have seen the game gets that..

I don't care for MP, but who knows, might be fun to stumble upon someone.

The biggest problem for me (after 30h) was that it lacked elements of surprise. Sure, Planets changes color schemes and some of the flora, new animals (some are.. interesting, most are not). I would have liked more quest types too (but at least it has quests, even if they are rather simple). Will be interesting to get back next week (if this heat goes away)..

Interesting comment from someone who just bought the game ;)

Interesting comment from someone who just bought the game ;)

Nope, i've played 30h+ on PS4.. i did download it for PC too (PS4 had a really ugly graphical bug when mining) and played it there for a little bit (7-8h), but now i've bought it (CDkeys was 50% cheaper than steam).

Well I watched a fairly humorous video review of it when it first came out (which I very rarely do), and it looked terribly repetitive and boring. So I passed on it, even though conceptually planetary exploration really appeals to me.

Nope, i've played 30h+ on PS4.. i did download it for PC too (PS4 had a really ugly graphical bug when mining) and played it there for a little bit (7-8h), but now i've bought it (CDkeys was 50% cheaper than steam).

I sympathise :)

It doesn't support properly 21:9 as of yet, so I've been tempted to get the Xbox One version (my TV isn't 21:9 like my monitor) - but I'm going to persuade my brother to play it, so it'll probably be on PC.

I'm not expecting miracles - but I'm hoping the coop options will be fun for a little while at least.

I sympathise :)

It doesn't support properly 21:9 as of yet, so I've been tempted to get the Xbox One version (my TV isn't 21:9 like my monitor) - but I'm going to persuade my brother to play it, so it'll probably be on PC.

I'm not expecting miracles - but I'm hoping the coop options will be fun for a little while at least.

Eh? i can choose 3440x1440.

I got the PS4 version first because i had just gotten an OLED and the game has HDR on PS4.. but i think it has HDR for PC too now (need to research).

Eh? i can choose 3440x1440.

I got the PS4 version first because i had just gotten an OLED and the game has HDR on PS4.. but i think it has HDR for PC too now (need to research).

Yes, you can pick the resolution - but have you seen the stretched UI icons? :)

Yes, you can pick the resolution - but have you seen the stretched UI icons? :)

Nope, never really thought about it, not that big of a deal really. Perhaps there's a mod that fixes it?

i just downloaded some mod tools for the game and extracted all the game data files , will be interesting to mess around with.

Nope, never really thought about it, not that big of a deal really. Perhaps there's a mod that fixes it?

i just downloaded some mod tools for the game and extracted all the game data files , will be interesting to mess around with.

There used to be a mod, but it's no longer supported.

To me, it's a pretty big deal - but I guess I have to live with it. Unless, by some miracle, the NEXT update supports modern resolutions.

It will be very interesting to see how NMS develops after NEXT. I feel the game is now a really great "base" with a little extra that goes beyond that to actually make it quite fun to play. It's just lacking the "sugar on top". Give us large cities (ancient and modern) or at least towns (not just player made ones, which seems to be possible now?), some kind of horror type mysteries (like creepy abandoned spaceships) and pirates or something else to fight on the ground, some really tough challenges that drives you to upgrade, get better gear etc… I'd probably rank it as one of the best games on PC.
Glad they will continue after NEXT.

Well, I've only played around with it a little. I'd say it's an impressive title for such a small indie team - though I guess they've grown in size quite a bit, after the successful launch.

But it's clearly more of a large playground than what I would consider a "meaningful" game.

But so was Freelancer in multiplayer - where there was no narrative of any kind. It didn't stop us from enjoying it immensely - even though the experience stopped rather suddenly, once we'd upgraded our ships to max and the challenge sort of went away.

For NMS to really appeal to me, it would have to implement a real narrative with something that's worth aiming for in terms of goals.

I've never been a big fan of endless repetition or "algorithmic content" as the illusion breaks almost immediately for me.

I don't know how the story works in the game as it is, but it doesn't look terribly interesting. I'm just hoping for that little something we can experience in between ship upgrades and exploring a few caves, here and there.

For me, cooperative multiplayer can compensate for interesting content to a certain extent - but I don't really expect we'll play it for that long.

H Y P E

mx9r9.jpg

Yeah, I like him too. While he definitely made some PR mistakes in the past, I can't help but appreciate how all these major updates have been 100% free of charge. They've essentially been working hard for two years without us paying them.

Also agree that NEXT is looking very good. Pretty close to what I suppose it should have been at launch.

Sorry but it has to be said.^^

Link -https://www.pcgamer.com/two-years-later-the-hype-for-no-mans-sky-is-back/
But by now we know, or at least we should know, the dangers of too much hype and the peril of expecting a game (or expansion) to be everything we want it to be (and more!) before we've actually played it. Be excited, be hopeful, but let's not launch the hype rocket before the actual launch of Next.
So nope I wont fall for the No Man's Sky hype train again.:)

So instead of hype lets just say games I l look forward to playing, and if you all remember my list from a few pages back it was a lot.(Hint it was almost a page long.)

Except Cyberpunk 2077 of course I'm very Hyped.:happycry:

It's basically NMS 2 now, but it would be hard to get away with releasing it as such ;)

Since the team is still doing big updates and will do smaller updates on a regular basis (weekly) i guess Sony must have big plans and sees the potential in a NMS 2, DLC's and so forth. I'm thinking it can't be too long before we see the first DLC.

I already like the game, i just want some improvements (which i know i'm getting) so i'm not worried of being hyped ;)

Well, I wasn't hyped originally - because I knew they were only 4 people creating an endless universe.

To me, that could only mean hollow procedural content.

People hyping themselves up for much more than that were simply utterly ignorant of the realities of game development. Sorry, yes, that's once again the case ;)

However, Sean most definitely didn't have to "pretend" that real multiplayer was going to be in the game for launch - and he did that.

But, still, maybe the several death threats weren't quite justified for that reason.

That said, ignorant gamers can be quite the entitled maniacs.

I'm not "hyped" now - I just hope it's going to be fun in cooperative multiplayer - which I think even the vanilla game would have been, at least for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom