Diablo 3 - May 15 Release Date

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Diablo III is arriving faster than I expected with presales open now on Battle.net and the release on May 15th:

Battle.net® presales for the hottest game of 2012 NOW LIVE

World of Warcraft® Annual Pass Promotion Ends May 1

PARIS, France - March 15, 2012 - The end is nigh! Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that Diablo® III, the next chapter in its critically acclaimed action role-playing game series, will be unleashed from the Burning Hells on May 15.

Starting that day, gamers with a thirst for fast-paced action and adventure will be able to purchase Diablo III at retailers throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. In addition, gamers in the regions above as well as in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil will be able to buy Diablo III digitally via Blizzard’s Battle.net® website.

Players in the listed Latin American countries and in Russia will be able to purchase Diablo III at local retail locations starting June 7. Digital availability for the Russian version of the game will also begin June 7. In addition to the English version, Diablo III will be fully localised into Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, European Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Korean, and Traditional Chinese.

Blizzard also kicked off global digital presales for Diablo III today. Would-be wizards, witch doctors, demon hunters, barbarians, and monks throughout the world should head to http://www.blizzard.com/games/d3/ now to reserve their digital copies.

“After many years of hard work by our development team and months of beta testing by hundreds of thousands of dedicated players around the world, we’re now in the homestretch,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We look forward to putting the final polish on Diablo III over the next two months and delivering the ultimate action-RPG experience to gamers worldwide starting on May 15.”
More information.

Right, that took a while... really looking forward to it, loved Diablo 1 & 2.

Finally got into the "closed" beta this week…played a Barb and Monk thus far and really enjoyed it.

The Monk was a lot more fun than I expected and much better to actually play than to watch in a video ;)

Enjoyed the experience so much (the atmosphere, story-line, quests…the whole 9 yrds) that I coughed up and pre-ordered the Collectors Ed. lol

Guess I now know when it'll be shipping…just in time for Summer!!!

Regards & Good Hunting

Rol

Haven't met anyone this century who isn't always online. Old dog new tricks and all I guess.

I live in rural Montana, population 100 or so. No mail is delivered, no hard phone lines, no paved roads, no water system. We use wells. Just a single wireless internet tower and I think my internet "went down" twice in 3 years.

Kind of like cardboard boxes going away and those last few souls kicking and screaming into the abyss.

Dismissing Diablo 3 is so funny. People really think there would be a Torchlight or anything like it without Diablo?

*dons flamesuit*

Haven't met anyone this century who isn't always online. Old dog new tricks and all I guess.

I live in rural Montana, population 100 or so. No mail is delivered, no hard phone lines, no paved roads, no water system. We use wells. Just a single wireless internet tower and I think my internet "went down" twice in 3 years.

Kind of like cardboard boxes going away and those last few souls kicking and screaming into the abyss.

Dismissing Diablo 3 is so funny. People really think there would be a Torchlight or anything like it without Diablo?

*dons flamesuit*

maybe if you looked around a bit more, you'd see that there are quite valid reasons why people may not have net connectivity or dislike the design decisions that Blizzard have taken? You shold not need to be 'awalys online' for a game which you are playing solo or on a LAN (as many do). Clearly you have no issues with that, but please don't simply dismiss the concerns of others just because its fine for you. For the record, I have no interest in Torchlight either - but I would most likely have bought this game if it didn't possess those particular 2 features.

I will play it but its not high on my list for now. I have 14 games in my queue ... to much work and not enough free time! Thats a good thing though, not a complaint :)

Being employed so I can purchase the plethora of games coming out lately is not something I wish to complain about.

D3 is on my list but really need to slough through some of my other games. I enjoyed the first two but the third has some things I am concerned about so for a change will give it some time before I pick it up.

Someone forcing me to be online to play is likely to have me chose to not buy their product. I'll go online when I decide to, not when some suit says I will. I like my options.

-Carn

Someone forcing me to be online to play is likely to have me chose to not buy their product. I'll go online when I decide to, not when some suit says I will. I like my options.

-Carn

well i think their reason is piracy. that would make it harder for hackers if you'd need a battle.net account to play it. but i'm pretty sure hackers will tackle that as well.

btw starcraft 2 also allows to play only through online. did they manage to hack it as well, cause i might be wrong on that piracy assumption?

SC2 has minimal server dependancy for singleplayer. Diablo 3 is going to be very different.

They want you online for D3 for the RMAH.

Hey they just want a piece of your transaction that's all. Simple economics at work.

Ouch, a couple of months to get rid of all the other games... ;P
For sure, hope it runs on my 2009 laptop...

Back
Top Bottom