Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
O_O

Aren't you getting tired of the same content over and over again?

Nope! Should I mention I played BG2 over 50 times easily? :)

I don't really see it as same content over and over again. I missed a bit of content in my first two playthroughs (like magical prison and mysterious shrine etc), I like trying out different dialogues, party composition, class etc.

For my 4th playthrough I'm going to try out ranger/vivisectionist/sorcerer/EK build :D Try to play as CN (I will probably end up as CG by the time I finish lol), and travel with my non-favourite NPCs (Kaessi, Jaethal, Harrim, Regongar and Nok-Nok).

Found a nice portrait for my ranger/vivisectionist/sorcerer/EK character :D

bX6P6Mn.png

Also, I thought this one is a nice one if I ever feel like playing a tiefling sorcerer (only if I can draw horns in).

kkV6rJz.jpg

My friend plays CN and loves it but he likes the more snarky comment you get with that option. I always start out CG but end up veering into the NG territory a lot more often. So my current Tiefling ranger is NG. I am using somewhat different companions this time and a slightly different approach to kingdom management. This is my second play through - not sure if I will get a third. Maybe after a long break.

I found NG matches my personality best but thought I will try something different. I started 4th playthrough yesterday (but going back to 3rd one again) just to see how things work out and it's been really fun! :D It was so fun listening to Valerie and Linzi whining about Tartuccio when I encounter them in the ancient tomb lol. Linzi was over the moon when I asked her to join me instead.

In case anyone is interested, here's the complete list of artisan masterpieces:

* Bokken (Alchemist) - Elixir of inconceivable transmutations of body, and soul, and also mind (+2 to ability scores, permanent)
* Dragn (Dwarven Smit) - Onslaught (Mithril Full Plate +5, +8 strength +20 speed)
* Irene (Arcane) - Grandmaster's Rod (MAximize + Empower 3x/day, ignore spell resistance and immunity)
* Trival (Leatherworker) - Royal Guardian (max Dex bonus of +15, increase max HP by 20, +5 AC studded light armor)
* Mim (Jeweler) - Great Dreamer's Smile (+2 luck bonus on attack and damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and penetration checks, immunity to curses)
* Shaynih'a (Monk) - Mastery (Fauchard +5, adds +5 to all CMB and does damage as if on hit when CMB succeeds, grants permanent Freedom of movement and immune to trip+bullrush)
* Nazrelle (Weaponsmith) - Perfection (Longsword +5, +2 All saves, attacks, AC, skills)
* Kimo (Woodworker) - Mirror Bow (Composite Longbow +5, Attacking with this bow fires an extra projectile for 1d4+1/2 strength bonus damage)
* Sharel (Tailor) - Ambrosial Attire of Arcane Annihilation (robe, +4 attack with rays, +1 damage per die fire, acid, force, cold, electric spells, +4 spell pen)
* Varrask (Orcish Smith) - Dragon's Essence (Greataxe +5, cast dragonskin III once a day)

I only managed to get two so far :(

I'm at Armag's tomb and still only have 7 advisors which is totally frustrating as I miss solving so many issues because I don't have anyone to assign. This is poor design IMO. Why do issues arise for which you have no one you can assign? You need to get 10 advisors much more quickly!!

I'm at Armag's tomb and still only have 7 advisors which is totally frustrating as I miss solving so many issues because I don't have anyone to assign. This is poor design IMO. Why do issues arise for which you have no one you can assign? You need to get 10 advisors much more quickly!!
I agree somewhat as some of the positions are tied to quests, or having you build your city to a certain size. They could of limited certain quests till you have the advisors.:nod:

I agree somewhat as some of the positions are tied to quests, or having you build your city to a certain size. They could of limited certain quests till you have the advisors.:nod:

Positions aren't tied to quests. Ranking up initial 4 position eventually unlocks other 5.

Focus on problems to rank up your stats. My strategy is to be back at capital on 27th-29th then assign all available advisors to problems. For the ones with short duration, assign advisors early if it the problems can be completed before 27th-29th.

Last edited:
Yes, but what do you do when several issues ALL want the ONE same advisor. I gather they are often random (I've had the same one several times) so there can be a definite imbalance where I have nothing for some advisors, and three or more all wanting the same person!!

Positions aren't tied to quests. Ranking up intial 3 position eventually unlocks other 5.

Focus on problems to rank up your stats. My strategy is to be back at capital on 27th-29th then assign all available advisors to problems. For the ones with short duration, assign advisors early if it the problems can be completed before 27th-29th.
No one said that I was talking about not having advisors and having to find them on the map, or build your city to a certain size before you get an advisor to fill a certain role.

My first play-through I never had a tax collector/economy advisor so I missed some kingdom quests. Also I find the amount you do get lacking for certain alignments.

No one said that I was talking about not having advisors and having to find them on the map, or build your city to a certain size before you get an advisor to fill a certain role.

My first play-through I never had a tax collector/economy advisor so I missed some kingdom quests. Also I find the amount you do get lacking for certain alignments.

Not sure what you are trying to say - I'm guessing you are complaining you can miss some advisors?

I also never said kingdom system is perfect, if anything I did mention in my review kingdom system is mediocre.
@Corwin;

I suggest you share your thought in Owlcat forums where the developers are collecting feedback on kingdom system :)

https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showthread.php?6106-Kingdom-Management-Issues

Not sure what you are trying to say - I'm guessing you are complaining you can miss some advisors?

I also never said kingdom system is perfect, if anything I did mention in my review kingdom system is mediocre.
Bingo as you are not notified where to find them.

As some are tied to quests or events.

Also an evil character has less advisors to suit that alignment.:)

I voted lack of advisor per position as biggest issue in Owlcat forums:

I voted for: Having 3 NPC candidates available per each of the 10 advisor roles is not enough.

Considering you can easily lose NPCs/companions, there is simply not enough candidates available for each position.

I think the second biggest problem is: There is not enough information about kingdom management in the game.

For example, a certain event (thief) happened which put the kingdom in a debt (negative BP) while I was far away from the capital, which caused the kingdom mood to drop to "worried" as I couldn't top up the BP before the day was over. As soon as I was back at the capital, I purchased extra BP to put in on positive but there is no explanation on how long it will take for my kingdom mood to go back to positive/stable.

Third: It is too hard to get more BPs / There is always too little BPs available.

It seems impossible to earn enough BP without spending gold for the majority of the game. While it's not a huge issue as you can earn enough gold to pour into the kingdom, it just breaks immersion (why am I bothering to collect tax etc).

I voted lack of advisor per position as biggest issue in Owlcat forums:
I wonder if they planned to add more with future content updates? I even have a nice name for it the "BadAss Advisor Pack". Yeah not that great I know it's terrible.

Sounds like an official Obsidian DLC though.:biggrin:

Sigh I failed to max out kingdom stats again this run - unlocked minister role too late. On top of that, I also failed magical shrine (missing three because I can't find some location due to perception check failure) :(

@Morrandir; @Maylander;

Did you guys finish the magical prison quest? Is the reward worthwhile?
I was missing one monster. I even rechecked all of the locations from this list without luck. I ultimatley cheesed and used dimension door to pass the barrier where I was rewarded with a tough fight and some quite good loot.

Finished the game at chapter 6 with level 19 party. Will reload and try chapter 7 tomorrow.

Nyrissa went down in like 5 seconds... Wild Hunt encounter is still annoying but it's gotten so much easier - normal difficulty feels like story-mode prior to the patch 1.2.

Warning in the new hotfix 1.2.2 there is a bug that can corrupt all your save games / the game crashes when you try to load your saves. I've reported it as a bug. A lot of other players on steam seem to have the same problem. Oh yeah it seems to be related to OSX only.

I really hope they can fix this and that my 100+ hour campaign isn't down the drain. :'(

No more automatic updates for me.

@Lemonhead; OMG sorry to hear that :( Might be good idea to back up save files regularly. I'm still using Win7 so my save games were fine…

Thanks for the info!

@Lemonhead; OMG sorry to hear that :( Might be good idea to back up save files regularly. I'm still using Win7 so my save games were fine…

Thanks for the info!

Thanks, it's sad times as I was really looking forward to playing this weekend. :(

Yeah I know, always backup. I usually use dropbox for all my saves but recently I started working at a game development company and the security is very tight so I'm not allowed to use any cloud based services on my new laptop. Anyway that's not a reason for not backing up manually but I guess I was just out of practice.

Back
Top Bottom