Gothic 3 Books

Zelt!x

Watcher
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to find Ancient Knowlegde books, so far I only found 4 of em
(Ardea,Monastary,Braga and Sildern). Does anyone know how many more books with knowledge there are, and where to find them?

Im (again) trying to get to 100 AK without spending a single LP on AK.
(had to format pc and to reformat and forgot to backup the saves)
It also has come to my attention that some books / big statues don't seem to work when u get to high on AK? (I bought pretty much all the tables and learned them first, then noticed some books / big statues werent working saying i already know that, etc) Is this a bug? or is the game supposed to do this?

So does anyone know any other books than the 4 mentioned above that u can read from, without having to do any quests for them (trying to get to 100 AK at level 2 :p)

Thank you in advance,
Grtz

if gothic 3 were short on lps this might be worth it but there is a hugh amount. if you have already beaten the game it might be 'fun' to do but really if you are trying not to level up then you are wasting quite a bit of time trekking the world only to get a skill that gains you more lps. it might also 'ruin' the suprise and novelty of many of the areas you are just 'peeking in'. besides if you plan on using any magic other than a light spell then it is not wasting lps as it makes the magic stronger. i can't remember the exact range but i believe you can get well over 200ak without spending any lps in it.

each book on a podium has either an alchemy bonus or a section of 'a grand story'. if you read an alcehmy one you will always get a bonus. the other kind though are each a part of story i believe. there are many podiums that have this same section of the story so this is why you get that "i already know that" message. same thing for the stone pillars in varant. it is also possible that each podium has a 'greater than or equal to' value so that it will read any part of the story up to a certain point. either way there some that are going to be hard for you to get at an early level like in vengard, the monastery, xardas tower, or the hardest ishtar. also there are quest bonuses that give you ak which you can rule out at an early level and a few merchants care them. also some npcs will reward you with them like the arena fighting in geldern. also there are some tablets lying on the ground in the ruins of varant. here is a map that shows some of them. http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o44/mjfossum/buriedtreasureandstonetablets.jpg
i pretty sure in my first play through i found a +10 tablet in the massive ruins of mora sul but couldn't find it the 2nd time through when i made the map.

Well im up to 30 AK just from readying those statues / books.. 13 tablets (+5) and 1 (+10), still have to do the fights in geldern.

Btw, im doing this for "fun". I like the idea of having some kind of "starting save".
Besides im just runnin around really as im actually waiting for my new 3D card to arrive, the FPS drops to much for me in the cities , so im just roaming the country side.
As i understand it , they are not AK level bound, but some books are identical?

Thank you for the info :)

The books in sequence (as you get to read them) are the true storyline and seem hard to interpret by many. Havn't seen much detail posted on any forums about how they should be "realised" or followed. Then there are a couple of added 'twists' eg: "but he went not to the temple" etc'. Also, choosing your 'god-path' later influences many triggers depending on what is completed beforehand - very deep and involved stuff. there's more to this game than just hack-slash-liberate.

Iv'e managed to decipher about three (into the storyline) up to now but the rest seem 'out of sequence' - really mind boggling to the point of not wishing to continue.:-/

Edited: 1/jan/2007
PS. see "the eternal wanderer" thread for further 'books' list

Last edited:
here we go creating a new chromanin.
Not this time wulf. I tried to believe you then, you won't get me this time

@titus,

Chromanin has not been mentioned, we are talking G3 here. I wrote about the books which is on-topic of Zelt!x's thread but i do understand how your 'interpretation' can ring similarities.
The books, confirmed in another thread, appear to be "post directional" meaning they relate somehow to consequences of the deeds you have done in the game and the path chosen up to the time of reading. This is a completely reversed approach to reading G1 books "word of the gods" 1/2/3 (which do contain a certain likeness) yet they were fixed and non-variable and informed the player of the reasons of the gods history/direction early the game.

sorry for what I said then, I misinterpret.
I thought you were talking about "hidden code" like with chromanin. My cincere apologies

Back
Top Bottom