Fallout 3 - Teaser Soon...

I keep coming back to this quote.
Desslock said:
Briosafreak said:
On a final note there seems to be a few doubts on how the game will turn out. First person and Real Time combat are locked, there's no way to change that
All I'll say is that you are wrong.
Maybe he just meant they kept Oblivion's chase-cam, but that's not what I'd have meant, had I said that. So hmmm.

All I'll say is that you are wrong.

That reply is just so trite. Could this jerk be anymore vague? And why the hell won't anyone from Bethesda just confirm if it is turn-based or realtime?

This is incredibly exasperating.

That reply is just so trite. Could this jerk be anymore vague? And why the hell won't anyone from Bethesda just confirm if it is turn-based or realtime?

OK, we don't have official word yet, but come on people - it's realtime.

When was the last time Bethesda did turn-based?

They've stated they will "stick to what they know," and even without that statement, they've sold a bucketload of copies of Oblivion, so they're not going to deviate too far from that mechanic.

[crosses fingers and hopes to be proved wrong]

Desslock writes abour RPG's for ... um .. PCGamer I think. He has been into Bethesda's dev house for Fallout 3. And is also under NDA - so that crappy answer probably rides the line of what he is allowed to say.

A full year of promotion for a 2008 release? Whoever would have guessed.

Hype. Hype never changes... ='.'=

Watched it again. Hate to be a sellout and let down the Wet Blanket Brigade, but I am going to have to remain excited and optimistic about this!

Desslock writes abour RPG's for ... um .. PCGamer I think. He has been into Bethesda's dev house for Fallout 3. And is also under NDA - so that crappy answer probably rides the line of what he is allowed to say.

Oh alright. Your explanation just saved Mr. Desslock from a savage beating at my hands.

Yes, that quote from Desslock is interesting. I remember him writing that but had forgotten it. He is definitely under strict NDA so no fault there...I can only think it's either a 3rd-person chase cam or switchable (and yes, saying that for a switchable 1st/3rd view would be a little devious). I just can can't see Bethsoft doing something that doesn't broadly approximate Oblivion's broad style.

The trailer left me cold. Neither positive nor negative emotions.

In the grand scheme of things, what we call 'cold' could be considered very warm compared to absolute zero ;)

As an aside, I just picked up the fallout collection for 5 quid and am enjoying the first game :)

As an aside, I just picked up the fallout collection for 5 quid and am enjoying the first game :)

Wow, two absolutely classic PC games for five pounds.

With a couple of replays (and both Fallouts are amongst only a handful of games I completed on multiple occasions), you're probably looking at about a penny an hour! Now that is real value!

The trailer left me cold. Neither positive nor negative emotions.

Yup likewise..music was nice, otherwise it didn't arouse a single emotion... The whole thing felt like a random commercial one could see in tv.. I know this sounds strange but there was no warmth in it :)

Last edited:

Greetings!

I've also just bought it (probably from the same seller on Ebay!).

When playing Fallout, I have a very annoying issue :

Every minute or so, the screen turns completely black...
The music keeps playing but the screen is black.

I have to move the mouse around then the top 3/4 of my screen clears up but the lower part stays black until I move the mouse cursor around it. I have to do like a painting motion until I have completely cleared everything.
By the time I'm done, the screen turns black again and I have to repeat the process.

I think that it's my computer's fault.

Has this ever happen to you?

It doesn't happen when I play FO2 or FO Tactics (Just playing the 1rst mission and am very enjoying it. I'm not good at strategic games but I'll surely give this one a try. The Tutorials are hillarious!!!)

It's not you computer's fault per se, this is a known issue in Windows XP.
Several people have complained about it at RPGCodex.

Not certain what the solutions are; I ended up creating a Windows 98 partition to play it without glitches.

@enodenroH

Have you tried running Fallout in compatability mode Windows 98?

Back
Top Bottom